Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Completed a Polymer 80 build ie Glock 19 Gen 3without issues. After successfully putting 30 rnds down range cleaned gun. Noticed that there were gouge marks on each side of the barrel near the breach area that contacts the locking block. Put another 60 rnds through with no discernible difference in the gouges. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
Look forward to your thoughts

·
Banned
6,833 Posts
Did you see metal gouged out of the barrel? That seems unlikely.

Welcome to Glock Talk.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The gouges/bite marks were at the bottom of the breach end of the barrel ~5/8” in on each side that comes into contact with the locking block. Since I can’t attach a photo, if you watch Tow II Brovo’s YouTube video identified as Polymer 80 After 500 rnds you will clearly see the markings.
Thank you for your interest.
Your input is appreciated

·
Registered
659 Posts
The gouges/bite marks were at the bottom of the breach end of the barrel ~5/8” in on each side that comes into contact with the locking block. Since I can’t attach a photo, if you watch Tow II Brovo’s YouTube video identified as Polymer 80 After 500 rnds you will clearly see the markings.
Thank you for your interest.
Your input is appreciated
This video?

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I’ve seen them before on others P80, including mine as well probably not as deep as yours but they are definitely there also mine has only 100 rounds through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is a stainless no name slide from 80percent Glock. I don’t see any abnormal wear marks on the locking block ie rails or other areas.
What are your thoughts as to the cause of the gouges/bite marks your barrel? Are you concerned?
Sorry your experiencing the same problem.
I hope we can find a resolution. Other than that I an enamored with the Polymer 80. It will be my new USPSA gun going forward!

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Honestly I’m not concerned about it the gun works flawlessly.
I have a glock slide with an aftermarket barrel, and the only marks I have on mine are the ones at the bottom I’m guessing it is from the locking block when the barrel drops. Probably at some point will ask P80 about it but I’m happy with it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As you, I am completely satisfied with my build and exceptional performance.
But still would like to know why, since it doesn’t show up on Glocks. Like yours, my barrel is an aftermarket ie Double Diamond.
Will be interested in what they tell you

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm new at these forums, not sure how to attach photos. Any help/directions you can provide would be helpful. I have them saved to my PC/Phone as JPEG files.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
if you have tapatalk on your phone is easier. Reply to the topic then press the icon circled down below then just select the pic from your phone gallery.

these are from another member, he has a silencerco barrel same as I do. Mine shows some wear too at those points.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Same exact issue here. I'm using an aftermarket (Blacklist) barrel as well on the 940C. I have only about 30 rounds through it and it functioned fine. Debating whether to find a barrel that will not hit, or just run a oem barrel. Interested to see which barrels are having this issue.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
As I mentioned, mine is a Double Diamond barrel. No issues with assembly or function. The Locking Block is the standard one from Polymer 80. Polymer 80 told me this is "normal" wear/tear. Not buying it. Like you, I would like to know which barrels exhibit the problem and which do not ie is it a hardness issue of the material used to make the barrel? Thanks for your input.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts