Polymer .45 ACP Choice

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by SlickCZ85, Sep 30, 2020.

Tags:
  1. VTEC214

VTEC214

For me as soon as the gun grabbing slows down im gonna pick up a Glock 41.

Master Guns likes this.
  2. Sharkey

Sharkey

You don't see a lot of them. I got mine with the ambi safety. I pulled it out of the box and ran a qual. Course with it and it is plenty accurate. Of course it will take the M&P full size mags too. Definitely underated. Maybe I need to yank it out of safe with winter coming. I added the Shield 45 Performance Ctr. Gun and that usuallyl goes with me to walk the dog.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

camelsfly likes this.

3. Mr Wasabi

Mr Wasabi

I'd be eyeballing an HK45 or PX4.

Braveheart1 likes this.
  4. Braveheart1

Braveheart1

Like to find a Beretta PX4 Storm in .45ACP Own Glock 21 and 36, and both great pistols. But since picking up the Beretta PX4 Storm Compact Carry, really liking the Storm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. quantico

quantico 1911 lover Millennium Member

The hk 45 usp and the mark 23 socom are the best two polymer based 45 's. I have had both and there is nothing else close. The 2nd gen g21 is fine .. I have two or three of them. But the hk is far better.

6. Wererat

Wererat

Also ridiculously durable (see thread on pistol-forum).

7. Gary1911A1

Gary1911A1

I think it's hard to go wrong with either the Glock or M&P just due to all the parts, magazines and holsters available in stories and online. When you pick something like a HK you can them, but it's going to take more time and money.

camelsfly likes this.
  8. scattershot

scattershot

S&W M&P 45 compact.

SlickCZ85 and camelsfly like this.
  9. John Polosky

John Polosky

FNX 45 or M&P 45 Full Size.

FNX is 15 +1 M&P 10+1 with 14+1 mags also.

Both excellen weapons. The FNX has several thousand rounds with no failures.

The M&P has about 1500 rounds with nairy a problem.

Both very accurate and very easy to shoot.

SlickCZ85 and camelsfly like this.
  10. Master Guns

Master Guns

You are right. It’s a carry gun and not a range gun. Those little pocket rockets are great. Just pop off shone rounds with it so you know it. Practice more often with a bigger gun with similar ergos.

CanyonMan likes this.
  11. Master Guns

Master Guns

Sig 320C in 45 is a heck of a gun. I don’t think there are a lot of them out there. Shots accurate and soft.

CanyonMan likes this.
  12. SlickCZ85

SlickCZ85

Anyone have a caliper measurement for width of G30 grip? I have the glock website answer already, 1.38, but i dont need the widest point, I need a measurement from the generic grip area. My kimber with the factory Hogue rubber grips at the widest point is right at 1.3, and if it wasn’t a full grip, but rather a rounded or officer length it would be very concealable. My CZ75 with fat grips on it is 1.4 wide at the grips and thats too much. It sticks out too much just in width. Thin grips take it down to 1.17, which is extremely concealable. So, in thinking that I might want to conceal it and I would want more capacity than my 1911s, the G30, MP 2.0 45sc, and the walther PPQ45 become more of what I am interested in. The USP wouls also be an amazing gun, however after looking more into it, it is above my price range.

13. VIS07

VIS07 In Omnia Paratus.

Usually my bedside is an M&P 45. It's excellent. Accurate, reliable. This is the 4" barrel model. 1st Gen. It just feels so good.

20200809_154704~2.jpg

cityborncountrylivin likes this.
  14. Master Guns

Master Guns

15. wanderson

wanderson

I had a gen4 g21 & an FNX-45 side by side for a few years.
    The FN has a very squared off grip with a texture like a cheese grater, pretty aggressive on bare hands. Added some AGRIP wraps which helped a lot. I did like the trigger & grip angle better than the factory G21. VERY accurate. Mags are pricey but well made, springs are crazy strong and didn’t like running fully loaded at first, needed some break in. Mine was the non-tactical version. No complaints but just ridiculously large for carry. mags have a large mushroom shaped baseplate which feels great for palm slaps but makes carrying one discretely in your pocket impossible.
    I replaced the FN with a Sig p320 .45 and wouldn’t go back, it’s 5 rounds less capacity but has better ergos and slightly better trigger, and I can get my stubby fingers around it while wearing winter gloves.
    My favorite poly .45 is my Shield. Easy to carry, reliable, accurate, good enough trigger it gets shot a lot just for fun. Just does everything well.

Maccabeus likes this.
  16. Maccabeus

Maccabeus

Was your G21 an SF model? If so, how did the width and overall thickness compare between the Glock and the FN?

I love the G30S in general, but the grip is a touch bigger/wider than I prefer.

The FNP/FNX has caught my eye lately for high capacity .45 (for home and range use), but if the grip is wider or larger around than the Glock SF frames are, then it's not for me.

17. wanderson

wanderson

FNX grip felt slightly smaller overall. Not sure if it was dimensionally much smaller, but felt it. I think the more vertical grip helped too. But the grip is almost just a thin shell around the mag which is why it’s squared off. For me muzzle jump was pretty mild as well, I could rapid fire the FNX with better accuracy than my g21.

Maccabeus likes this.
  18. Maccabeus

Maccabeus

Thanks. I appreciate the insights.

19. Bob S.

Bob S.

what makes the hk better??
    ,, i`ve owned several & also the G21 & 30..

20. Master Guns

Master Guns

The MK23 is just a boat anchor. It was the forefather of things that came later with HK. USP was and is a great one. I wish HK would do a VP45

SlickCZ85 likes this.