close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Poll..

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by ExiledViking, Sep 3, 2004.

1. ExiledViking

ExiledViking

Would it be possible to set up to do a
    "real" poll?

In other words, have a list of 10 things
    and the users can simply click on one of
    them to vote and see the percentage.

Thanks,

J

2. David_G17

David_G17 /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

many years ago, users were able to create polls, and that aility was disabled b/c people were missusing the feature.

if you want a poll, just PM a moderator, and they can create one for you.

3. Eddie C.

Eddie C. Administrator Moderator CLM

Yes we can do a poll. Just think up a question and the choices you want and PM them to a Moderator. If you want the poll in GNG you can PM Sidearmor, Fred, or myself.

4. ExiledViking

ExiledViking

5. Eddie C.

You're welcome EV.;)

Just look to the right of the forum you want and pick out a Moderator of that forum to do it for you. Eric, Patricia (Sidearmor), or I, can do it in any forum for you.;f

6. 4TS&W

4TS&W 2A RKBA 4EVER

We took a poll in the OAF.

It wasn't pretty... ;T

7. Eddie C.

It's never pretty in the OAF!;i

8. MB-G26

MB-G26 Non-existent STUPID GURL Lifetime Member

You may save seen in the two GNG threads re 'Hurricane Frances' and 'the check welfare thread' - both are getting pretty long and hard to keep track of who is checking in, when, and how they are doin in the face of the hurricane.

If I could devise a multi-column one which would serve to recap the responses, as they update, etc., could this be posted? I'm thinking something simplified, like a multi-column, multi-criteria 'grid' which GT'ers names already in place plus the ability to add new names.

Something along the lines of:
    Name Location Last Checked In Status Contact info Req Contact
    Contact-Info-Shared-With Family Needing Contact Needs Damage Rating etc.
    along w/short field for pared-down status info if they have posted as to their 'current welfare' in the face of the storm.

Would this be possible as a true grid/type "poll" vs. end to end individual posts (which are getting hard to wade through)

Thanks!
    m

9. freepatriot

freepatriot Retired GT Mod Moderator

You have to remember that this site is driven by the vBulletin software, don't expect extra "features" (like the matrix-driven poll you describe above) unless the feature is added to a new version of the vBulletin software.

You should post your suggestion at vBulletin.org and vBulleting.com, where the software developers live. :)

S ;c

10. MB-G26

MB-G26 Non-existent STUPID GURL Lifetime Member

My reply in this thread was inspired by Eddie suggesting to EV, who started the thread re a particular polling format, to "Just think up a question and the choices you want..."

I read this thread at about the same point in time the 'Florida check welfare' stickies were expanding. It was taking a LOT of time to review various 'checking in's and then re-edit and expand the initial roster I'd made in the beginning. Thus, my question as to whether a 'grid' type "poll" were feasible.
    I have no idea how vB sw or any other msg board sw works, thus I kind of shirt-tailed my inquiry to Eddie based on his response to the original poster. I doubt I know enough about the mechanics of bulletin board sw in general such that I could construct a reasonably intelligible post on any of the board sw Dev sites. Plus, even though the hurricanes roaring over Florida and now up the coast and across the south are huge matters, I somehow doubt that the people dev'g the sw would jump right to coding a new feature into their applications. Wouldn't the time between concept, through beta, to distribution and upgrade make the matter just a bit moot for the purpose that occurred to me to ask about?

Scott, it sounds like you know a good deal about vBulletin sw and such - seems like you'd be a more knowledgeble person to request a "matrix-driven" feature or whatever it is. Maybe when the weather calms down and stays calm for a while, you could post the appropriate request over where the Dev'ers live? ;) Trust me, I have enough to "remember" already ;Q
    m