Poll: Will you change your vote from Trump to Biden based on the NY Times story about Trump's taxes?

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Burebista, Sep 28, 2020.

1. thewitt

thewitt

Trump paid $1M in taxes in 2016 and $4.2M in 2017... that escapes the low information voter.

2. BradD

BradD

That.

One of the toughest things about business is that at every point in the money making process, there are scavengers with their hands out.

3. ocjackel

ocjackel

I think what many are missing here is not how much Trump paid or whether his tax strategies are legal or not, it’s how he has carefully crafted his image as the ultimate businessman. Everything he touches turns to gold!

It’s not that he’s not paid a large amount taxes, it’s that it pulls the rug out from under his “God’s gift to business” image he has so carefully crafted.

Ultimately I don’t think this changes anyone’s mind, on either side.

Trumps legacy, win or lose this November, will be the court appointees at the circuit and Supreme Court levels. These relatively young judges will be protecting our 2nd Amendment right for decades to come.

one thing that might, ironically, hurt his re-election chances is appointing the new Supreme Court justice before the election

I think a whole lot of very conservative and religious voters looked past his personal flaws in 2016 because they saw him as a means to an end. Mainly replacing liberal justices with conservatives.

if she is confirmed before the election will they still come out, hold their noses, and vote for Trump? Or will they stay home?

I would have waited until after the election to nominate a justice. Even in a lame duck session you could still get her approved.

4. DMaddox

DMaddox

Still voting for him. Don't care what the fake news has to say. They are "fake".

larry_minn likes this.
  5. Fred Florist

Fred Florist

If he truly paid so little tax, I want to be his student.

JFrame likes this.
  6. wjv

wjv RIP Stan Lee.. . .

Same here for 5 years. Because of deprecation, inventory and a host of other things our accountant minimized the tax liability for my wife's business. Didn't cheat or steal. Just took all allowable legal deductions.

If Pelosi or Biden don't like what corporations pay, stop whining and change the tax code. Otherwise STFU.

kiser64 likes this.
  7. IAhunter

IAhunter Venor ergo sum

Just north of the wall, Cochise County, Arizona
    Not in a million years. Trump is far from perfect, but I love what he’s doing.