close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

POLL: Who will benefit more from the health care law's passage in November

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Mamaluke, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Mamaluke

Mamaluke

2. mitchshrader

mitchshrader Deceased

I wonder if anyone besides me thinks we will repeal it?

I am angry enough now to consider options that previously I wouldn't have.

3. PirateLookingAtForty

PirateLookingAtForty

Can't be repealed until 2012, at the earliest. GOP would have to take enough seats to override a veto, and that's not likely.

4. stevelyn

stevelyn NRA Life Member

I hope it can be repealed or struck down by the courts.. Either way it needs a wooden stake driven through its heart.

I am so angry over this that I really can't express it without violating the TOS and probably some laws in various jurisdictions.

Who the **** are they to tell me or anyone else under the threat of govt coersion that I have have to purchase something I may not wish to purchase or the govt will steal it from me anyway and then hire a battalion of IRS agents to enforce it so some worthless parasite can have something else they haven't earned?

Of course the IRS agents are going to be a bunch of unethical low IQ welfare-to-works ****s who have just moved several steps up in their lot in life and will be happy to have a federal job.
    **** them. And **** the idiots that voted for that commie bastard.

Hey Zeus F.N. Cristo I'm pissed. :steamed::steamed::steamed:

5. geminicricket

geminicricket NRA Life member

Until then, I can quietly let the old farts stew about the Democrats taking away their Medicare.

Oddly, and I do mean ODDLY, the new law is the largest reduction of spending on Medicare that has ever been attempted or proposed, and it was a 100% Democrat thing.

Clinton balanced the budget? Obama reduces spending on Medicare?

What? Are Democrats accomplishing my most deeply held desires?

Scary.

6. silentpoet

silentpoet

Rope makers should really benefit from the law. That and maybe makers of old French execution machines.

7. geminicricket

geminicricket NRA Life member

You forgot rail-splitters, feather pickers, and tar cookers.

8. 45reloader

45reloader Live Free

What a poll
    They forgot the American people
    A-holes :steamed:

9. Fungunner

Fungunner

So, a majority of CNN watchers will vote in favor of the democrats. Meanwhile, if Fox ran the same poll, I figure it would be quite the opposite.

I just realized where I've been, have to take a shower and disinfect my laptop.

10. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

The one thing you CAN count on now is, every Bill the President wants.....from immigration to cap and con will get passed.

The "health care" vote did the demos in and they know it, why would they be afraid to vote for what would have been a possible career ender now? In for a penny..........ya know?

They have nothing, absolutely nothing to lose at this point...that they haven't already lost if they're going to lose it.

They'll pass them all. And that is why "health care" was first on his list of priorities. Get his "supporters" to vote for that, and they simply have nothing to lose by voting for the other Bills. He is a rank amateur at policy, especially foreign policy. But he's quite the "Godfather" in political strong arming and thuggery.

It's just started folks.

11. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

The poll said benefit

12. arclight610

arclight610

I will benefit the most, because after I'm done in the military I'm going to stay unemployed as long as I can.

Obama gonna take care me!

13. therepublic

therepublic

Of course it won't be repealed. Republicans know that, but they have no problem asking you for campaign dollars promising that they will "repeal" it.

14. BEANCOUNTER

BEANCOUNTER Millennium Member

You do realize, don't you, that by the time this old fart becomes eligible for Medicare I will have paid for it for almost 50 years? :rant:

How many years investment in Medicare do you have?

Didn't they put Madoff in jail for a Ponzi scheme just like this? Heck, Obamacare's Medicare cuts make Madoff look like an amateur.

15. JFrame

JFrame

16. the iceman

the iceman Proud Veteran CLM

Just like Democrats asking for campaign money to "fight these attacks and threats from the right" although nothing has been proven to be from the right.

Infact, only documented attacks and threats on the Democrats have come from the left.

Oops. F'm all!

17. JFrame

JFrame

...Brilliant minds work alike, the iceman... :cool:

18. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

And that's where the greed and selfishness of the people come into play sir. Sure, everyone knows it's broke, in more ways then one, and everyone knows their "old age" is up to them to take care of, but will they? And why aren't they?

Or, will they sit back, do absolutely nothing about their own situation, spend all they can on cable TV or i-pods, save nothing because they want to spend it all now, and demand the govt do what it "promised" it would do? Thereby spiraling us further into debt and chaos?

The "govt" will take care of me. Hey, it's "easier" than me doing it myself.

People know the Country is in a mess, but still they demand the govt do what they didn't want to do, all the while knowing the Country can't afford it, they just want what they believe is due them. Because they made the decision not to do anything for themselves.

They know we can't afford it, they know the system is broken....and broke, they know demanding more will only bring about it's demise sooner rather than later. They know all these things. They know drastic measures are needed/coming.

Apparently they just don't care. I want MINE.

I don't know sir, I just don't know.

19. therepublic

therepublic

Are you saying that two wrongs make a right, or just trying to divert the conservation away from Republicans purposely misleading people to get their dollars?

Both parties use unethical means to raise money. However, I was referring to something Republicans are doing.

20. Z71bill

Z71bill

Saying you are going to reduce medicare spending and doing it are two different things -

This was just a way to make the bill appear to not increase the deficit.

In reality medicare spending will actually increase over the next 10 years.