Glock Talk banner

Poll question. Bought wrong grips, help me decide what to do.

1419 34
Bought a set of very nice Badger Custom Grips for my "J-Frame" S&W. Unfortunately, my S&W model 19 Carry Comp is a "K" frame. For whatever reason when I bought this I assumed J frame. Did not figure out my mistake until I tried to put them on, not even close to fitting.

I could return them, but I am the kind of person that lives with my mistakes, no fault of Badger that I am an idiot.
Wood Sculpture Artifact Chair Hardwood

What would you do?

• A. Sell the grips at a loss.

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • B. Easy decision, go buy a J-frame revolver of course!

Votes: 42 57.5%
  • C. Return the grips you idiot!

Votes: 28 38.4%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
NRA Life Member
74,726 Posts
I always just put them in the drawer for extra revolver grips. I have another for extra 1911 grips and one for miscellaneous grips. Then again, I also have S&W revolvers to fit any grips but X frame.

Reactions: Toocool45

·
Registered
9,293 Posts
While the fun answer is to just go and buy a J frame, that obviously doesn't really make sense. Besides, the grips you want on your Model 19 may not be the grips you want on a J frame. Have you checked into their return policy? They have a 10% restocking fee and you'll have to pay for shipping. Maybe that would be punishment enough?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
The grips look great by themselves. To me, they also look like they would defeat the purpose of a J-frame being compact and easy to conceal. I would return them. Get those grips for your K-frame.

Reactions: CAcop

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
What about calling them, and if they are amenable, return them for the correct ones, with you paying shipping both ways? I bet they tell you that you aren't the first, and with you paying whatever price difference there is and paying for shipping, they are likely to be glad to have a happy customer with no further expense to themselves.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
You need a J frame but those grips look terrible for concealment purposes, which is why most people get J frames to begin with.

Call and see if the company will exchange even if you pay the shipping both ways.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
10% restocking fee plus I pay for shipping to send them back. They were $100, so if I can sell them for $75 bucks saves me the hassle of returning.

The original grips are too small, knuckle busters. Reminds me of a Ruger SP101. More shoot-able with bigger grips, but yes...not good for concealed carry. If I do carry it will be cold weather / woods carry, probably use a shoulder holster.

·
Philippians 4: 6-7
12,485 Posts
Return them.

Reactions: redrick

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Would Badger give consideration for an exchange for the same grips for the S&W 19? That way you would have the grips you originally wanted for the 19 as you intended. I don't see that getting a J frame solves your problem.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts