Do you wear a wristwatch?

• Yes

• Sometimes

• No

141 - 160 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
the results of this poll corresponds to another GT poll on age category, which showed this site sways old geezer. Watches are old school.

·
Registered
14,694 Posts
Yes. Currently wearing a Seiko 6309 that belonged to my father when we were stationed in Hawaii in the 70's. He used to dive with it. It's been sitting in his closet, broke, for years, said I could have it if I wanted.

I sent it to the Seiko service center in New Jersey and got it refurbished and running again. I'm giving it back to him this weekend.

I'm currently stashing away $$ for a retirement Rolex gift to myself in a few years.
The 6138 UFO is my favorite but those turtles are sweet too. Good job.

·
Registered
10,551 Posts
I don't think I know anyone under 40 who wears a watch. Unless it's an Apple Watch. Everyone has a phone with the time readily visible.
Another observation: I was at a committee meeting 3-4 years ago and there were about 40 people in attendance. It was a mixture of engineers and professors. The ages were pretty well distributed between 30 and 80.

There were very few watches. Almost every person with a watch was a professor.

The engineers look at their computer screens all day. The time and date are prominently displayed at the bottom-right of the screen.

A professor in front of a class or speaking at a conference typically can't see a clock. It looks ultra-unprofessional to check a phone in the middle of a public speaking event.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Always. Have a bunch, mostly either G Shock variations or the Timex equivalent. I do have some expensive ones, but only rarely wear them.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
It makes me nuts if I forget my watch too. Have an old Citizen Eco-Drive that I wore up till about the fall of 2018 when a post in the watch thread here led me down the automatic rabbit hole with the blue Seiko below. I now have a few Seikos and a few Orients. Lately I'd been living in the orange one, but just a few days ago decided to put the original blue one on again.

And I agree with knoxrocks, the Kamasus are nice looking watchs.

-Pat
That orange and black samurai is beautiful!!

·
Cheese?
9,451 Posts
Except when sleeping, yes.

Mostly Apple Watch these days, primarily Omega and Seiko divers otherwise.

·
Preferred Pronouns: (It, Ya'll, Bruh)
2,807 Posts
I worn a NY Yankee watch when I was about 8-10, never worn one since.

No rings, no earrings, no nipple piercings, nothing.

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
That orange and black samurai is beautiful!!
Thanks! It is definitely very eye catching, but it's actually the 'Nemo' Turtle - the blue looks black in that picture as it's a pretty dark shade - this one shows it a bit better (at least here if you look closely around the five o'clock area you can tell it's not black):

That said, the orange SRPC07 Samurai is definitely on my 'want' list, too. The damned things are like Lay's potato chips - you can't have just one!

-Pat

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Thanks! It is definitely very eye catching, but it's actually the 'Nemo' Turtle - the blue looks black in that picture as it's a pretty dark shade - this one shows it a bit better (at least here if you look closely around the five o'clock area you can tell it's not black):

That said, the orange SRPC07 Samurai is definitely on my 'want' list, too. The damned things are like Lay's potato chips - you can't have just one!

-Pat
Love it!!

·
Registered
8,992 Posts
the results of this poll corresponds to another GT poll on age category, which showed this site sways old geezer. Watches are old school.
1911's are old school, still very useful. Ar-15's are old school still very useful. Manual transmissions, still prefer them. Quite frankly cars are old school. Couldn't live without one. I suppose you are too cool to carry a pen either.

Young people are prepared for very little. They panic if there is not power or internet.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
1911's are old school, still very useful. Ar-15's are old school still very useful. Manual transmissions, still prefer them. Quite frankly cars are old school. Couldn't live without one. I suppose you are too cool to carry a pen either.

Young people are prepared for very little. They panic if there is not power or internet.
So much truth there .

·
Registered
18,151 Posts
I used to but not any more. I work in a lot of dirt and grime and would not remove the watch first. Then the buttons would no longer work (Timex Ironman series). I rely on the cell phone, computer screen and various clocks around the house.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Poll too limited.

I only wear a watch because it is a smart watch that does many things. I would not wear a regular watch, it is not 1987.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Since I have become indoctrinated to stare at my phone every 2 seconds anyway, I don't need a watch.......................just kidding. I wear a watch and do not have a "smart" phone.

141 - 160 of 210 Posts