Registered
8,101 Posts
Yes. Every day. I’m a WIS.

I have more watches than guns.

Memo: Sell some witches. Buy more guns.

·
Registered
14,704 Posts
Haven’t worn a watch since the cell phone came about. No rings, no necklaces, no watch, no jewelry. Wife had to get used to the no wedding ring on my hand but that was non negotiable. I hate rings the most but watches are a close second.
I hate rings too. For me, interference with fingers is on another level compared to wrist. I gave up on the wedding band about 9 years ago, within a year after I got a stainless Datejust. The wife encouraged the Rolex buy (she got one too, it was a mutual 'gift' to ourselves for 10th anniv.) so she couldn't complain much when I told her the gold ring didn't look right with the stainless watch. We just had our 20th anniversary, so the wearing of the ring or not doesn't seem to make much difference.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I hate rings too. For me, interference with fingers is on another level compared to wrist. I gave up on the wedding band about 9 years ago, within a year after I got a stainless Datejust. The wife encouraged the Rolex buy (she got one too, it was a mutual 'gift' to ourselves for 10th anniv.) so she couldn't complain much when I told her the gold ring didn't look right with the stainless watch. We just had our 20th anniversary, so the wearing of the ring or not doesn't seem to make much difference.
First marriage lasted 4 years and I wore a ring lol. Current marriage going on 14 years and have never worn a ring. Hmmmmmmm......

·
Registered
13,942 Posts
I wanted a G Shock but I don't like any of their face designs. I have 2 Ironman watches that have lasted a long time. I have a Fitbit and then for dress, I have two Citizen's Eco Drive.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bus007

·
USMC (MOS 0369) (RVN 69-70)
2,442 Posts
Just counted ... I have accumulated 16 over the years ... mostly Skagen and I tend to wear two of them 99% of the time.
What, one on each wrist? :drool:

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
Yes, but only when I leave the house. It comes off as soon as I walk through the door.

At the moment, I only have 2. This orange Seiko is my favorite and is what I put on 75% of the time...

View attachment 832058

This Seiko is more for the dressin' up days....

View attachment 832060

One of these days I'd like to buy a Rolex, just to own a Rolex.
That orange Seiko is very nice,i’d consider that “dressin up”.

·
M62/76
11,973 Posts
Always. Nothing fancy, just a Timex field watch, they work great. I’m hard on watches (since I wear them all the time) and every 4-5 years or so I’ll spend $40-50 for a new one.
37D5AFEF-8436-4582-8396-DA59A4D2AB4C.jpeg

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Yup every day. I feel naked without one. I only wear solar and tend to beat the crap out of them so I don’t get very expensive watches.

I like Citizen and Seiko and Even Casio.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Every single day. Usually my Omega MK40 Triple Date. If I'm working in the yard I'll wear my Laco Heidelberg Type A

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Yes. Currently wearing a Seiko 6309 that belonged to my father when we were stationed in Hawaii in the 70's. He used to dive with it. It's been sitting in his closet, broke, for years, said I could have it if I wanted.

I sent it to the Seiko service center in New Jersey and got it refurbished and running again. I'm giving it back to him this weekend.

I'm currently stashing away $$ for a retirement Rolex gift to myself in a few years.

·
Philippians 4: 6-7
9,353 Posts
Yes, most of the time.

·
NRA Life Member
63,416 Posts
To me, people who don't wear watches, and pull their phone out to look at the time, look childish and irresponsible. They're the kind of people who wear T-shirts to job interviews and make-believe Army uniforms to political events.

·
Registered
8,507 Posts
Garmin 45. Best wristwatch I've owned.

121 - 140 of 210 Posts