Political signs removed from my property in less than than two hours!

Discussion in 'GT Voting Booth' started by davethehiker, Oct 24, 2018.

1. fg17

fg17

Double post

mike from st pe likes this.
  2. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

You can do that with authorization only if you are employed by the City of St. Petersburg.
    Your City Clerk can verify this at the phone number I provided.
    https://www.votepinellas.com/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=5_c2N_3eS8A=&portalid=72

:brickwall:

3. mike from st pe

mike from st pe

I don't care, I will remove any signs I find on the right of ways.
    Lady Bird Johnson says Keep America Beautiful.

lazarus66 and Doc Holliday like this.
  4. Schrag4

Schrag4

The disconnect is that the discussion wasn’t about right of way or public property. I have no dog in this fight, just trying to get everyone on the same page.

5. jmohme

jmohme

Place your political signs 2 ft apart and place targets with the bulls eyes shot out of them in between.

pittpa and mike from st pe like this.
  6. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

Obviously, you are an admitted thief.

The office of Code Compliance is authorized to take those steps, you aren't.

The St. Petersburg Department of Codes Compliance must open a case and conduct an investigation before taking action on a complaint.

Here is an example of a case that was legally handled by your city:

https://seeclickfix.com/issues/1644176-codes-compliance-snipe-sign

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  7. teeceetx

teeceetx

I'm amazed at how so many think it's ok to steal someone else's property just because they don't like it. REALLY? Grow the hell up.

katana_user and rmantoo like this.
  8. Blanton

Blanton

If they're Trump or Republican signs there shouldn't be any real surprise unless in a deeply red state

9. mike from st pe

mike from st pe

LOL! :chatter:

10. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg

Years back, in a town that will remain unnamed, there was a major, heated referendum regarding outlay and associated issues pertaining to bringing a major sports franchise to town.

Neighbors turned against neighbors. Press coverage was high. Many felt strongly one way or the other. Every yard had a referendum yes or a referendum no sign..

Two guys went wilding one night and took all the signs from a neighborhood. Those signs, enough to fill up the back of a Cherokee to the roof, were repurposed into the yard of an unsuspecting coworker.

The point was to prank the coworker.... The unintended consequence was that all those neighbors accused each other of stealing their signs. Forgot the fact that all the signs were gone. Accusations and opinion pieces over sign theft by those with opposing viewpoints on the Team referendum would air and see print for weeks.

11. kwo

kwo

I would think if looking for a house to hit Bernie signs would be an invitation.

12. Mugsie1

Mugsie1

Last election my neighbor and I had Trump signs up on our lawns. Came out one day and they were gone. I immediately put more up, only this time I coated the rails in black lithium grease. That evening a car pulls up one house down from me, a girl gets out, runs to my lawn, grabs the signs and throws them into the back of her car, runs to the door and tries to drive away.

As I'm watching, the car stops about 4 houses up, the kid gets out and she's trying to wipe the grease from her hands, steering wheel, back seat and just about everything else in the car. The stuff was all over!

I walk up to her and calmly told her the next time I catch her stealing signs, I'll follow her home and it won't be pretty.

I then called the police, reported her from her license plate, and said she was stealing my private property. The cops followed up afterwards with me (I declined to press charges) and said they spoke to her and it won't happen again, which it didn't.

I then placed a huge Trump sign on my lawn, which remained untouched.

My wife wouldn't let me use a punji pit, so I went with grease instead. It worked perfectly.

13. Border Bandit 32

Border Bandit 32

lmao.....awesome !

14. Border Bandit 32

Border Bandit 32

I placed a dead rattlesnake I had killed next to my Trump sign....gotta love West Texas

Mugsie1 likes this.
  15. JohnnyE

JohnnyE

Beautiful!

Years ago I rented street level retail space in a converted 1930's movie theater. Everything above street level was vacant. Kids would shinny up a set of closely spaced 2" steel natural gas pipes that ran from ground level up to the roof. Once on the roof they'd party, pop the rooftop hatch to get inside, and do all sorts of things in the vacant upper levels. The place was a MESS.

I bought a 1# can of marine wheel bearing grease and, using a paint roller on an extension pole, slathered the top eight or so feet of the gas lines with grease. I figure the first fellow who hit the grease when he neared the top had a bit of a challenge controlling his 25 foot descent!

Problem solved.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  16. Mugsie1

Mugsie1

A man after my own heart!

JohnnyE likes this.
  17. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

...and if you DON'T take them, they will just sit there for another 6 months before the City finally gets rid of them. NO ONE ever comes back to take their signs down, so help yourself and help stop them from becoming trash.

Candidates should have to pay the City a 'Sign Deposit', and register their locations. If candidates don't take ALL their own registered signs down within a week after the election, they forfeit that deposit.

18. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

If you're not going to press charges, do everyone a favor and don't bother calling the police at all. You're wasting their time.

Jbritt and mike from st pe like this.
  19. The_Dan

The_Dan The underscore is silent

I like the deposit idea... but I like job creation too. I propose a sign bounty starting 7 days after election day. Turn in a yard sign... get a small bounty paid for by the campaign. At $5 a sign you would have people rounding them up for you and might motivate the campaigns to do their job cleaning up a little better.

Doc Holliday likes this.
  20. Jbritt

Jbritt

Stealing signs is childish bull****. While I may not like your Biden sign, I’m not going to lower myself to stealing it in the dark like a 14 year old. Last I checked this is still (for the time being) a free country so if you wanna have a Biden sign or a BLM sign then by all means go ahead. Problem is the other side doesn’t think we have the same right. These Biden signs just let me be aware of who to watch out for.

JeffG78, ironhead7544 and Mugsie1 like this.