close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Polishing the internals of my glock...

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by deadcalm4u, Nov 28, 2003.

1. deadcalm4u

deadcalm4u overkill

I dont have any experience with the polishing of the connector, and so forth. But I would love to learn. I hear of Glockers who polish this and that...but what is exactly "this" and "that". Is there a website I can go to or any advise you can give me??;c

2. GlocksterJeff

GlocksterJeff Glock Armorer

3. drcohen

drcohen TetraGunCare

Polish might not be the right term.

I recommend you rub in some TW-25B grease. Glock Factory Service likes that idea. That will treat the connector, and provide smoothness, and protection. www.mil-comm.com

4. Clayton Hufford

Clayton Hufford

I would agree with Mr. Cohen. I've gone the polishing route on several of my Glocks, using a Dremel and Flitz, but I discovered that the best thing to do is use a good lube in the right spots (trigger bar/connector face) and practice often, even if it's just dry-firing.

www.bestdefense.com for TW-25B

www.fp10.com for FP-10 CLP

Best regards,

Clay

5. Duck of Death

Duck of Death

Here's what I did:

I polished thru the plating to get really smooth surfaces. Install a lighter striker spring and a heavier trigger spring. Polish the cruciform sear (do not change the angle or round the sharp upper edge), under the cruciform where it contacts the connector, the connector, the firing pin safety (clip off 2 coils of the firing pin safety spring) and polish the trigger bar where it contacts the firing pin safety, polish the part of the cruciform that is the drop safety. Grind the striker arm on the left side at a 45 degree angle and polish the striker where it contacts the cruciform sear. Polish the striker at the back flats and in the front where it will make contact with the channel liner.

See:
    <http://www.sportshooter.com/gssf/dalerhea_dremeling.htm>

Scroll to Trigger Group then Modifying the Srtiker.
    Last

6. Skpotamus

Skpotamus

I needed mine polished.... I took it to TR Graham, he took out my internals and had me run a fingernail down them. Where they made contact with other parts, were a lot of jagged burrs on it. Nothing you could really see, but you could feel it. Graham used a dremel with a felt brush (I think he said it was felt, ultra fine anyways) and smoothed it off. The trigger made a remarkable improvement on just this alone.

Side note: I highly recommend Graham for any work on your glocks, he's incredible. My Glock just seemed to fall apart in his hands in the blink of an eye.