Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went shooting with my new G19 gen 3 yesterday. It went great except the trigger was bugging me. I kept flinching from recoil and the heavy trigger pull (my issues, not the gun) Went online and looked up how and what to polish to lighten/smooth the trigger.

Found this and it was a huge help:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XJxltxvAo4

I used his approach of polishing using qtips and polishing compound. Then I cleaned and lubed it. It made a *huge* difference. Can't wait to try shooting again.

·
King Doofus.
5,977 Posts
I've been doing mine for years with a dremel and a spot of mother's. In fact, I just put a new smooth trigger assy in my edc G23 and it got a polish job first. Easy peasy. Does make the trigger smoother.
:D

·
MacGyver
7,604 Posts
Now to polish out the user----it'll cost more than 25cents.

I remember when I started fencing-- first thing I did was change the foil grip to a fancy palm pistol grip for "better control and leverage". My teacher said it was the wrong thing to do because it did not train nor strengthen my wrist, and was impeding my forward progress.

Its not the gun, its the shooter.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
With the polish of the parts trigger is very nice now. Not as nice as my Browning Buckmark, but probably as nice as a stock Glock will get

1 - 5 of 5 Posts