polished frames on compact glocks only?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by pistoleer, Jun 10, 2007.

1. pistoleer

pistoleer

I now own four 3rd generation glocks models 17, 22, 35, and just bought a 23. Upon feild stripping my new g23 I noticed that the top of the frame (where the rails are) is polished and that there is also a ten digit number (not the serial number) stamped into the polished portion of the frame. Since I have noticed I have feild stripped all of the 19's and 23's (couldn't find a 32) I could get my hands on and all were polished but only about half had the stamped number. I am very curious as to what the number means and why the top of the frame is polished on the compacts only and not my other models. I also noticed that the slide rides slightly higher off of the frame then it does my others as well. If anyone could tell me I would really apprechiate it.

2. GlockMan40s&w

GlockMan40s&w MS Glocker

I have the 10 digit numbers on G19 and also on my G22 but not on on my G32, and the 32 is a compact model. I've try to find some info on the numbers, guess it's time to call glock and see what they have to say.

3. pistoleer

pistoleer

Thanks for replying, I will call them tomorrow first thing to see what they say. Are the top parts of your frame polished aswell?

4. GlockMan40s&w

GlockMan40s&w MS Glocker

It's smooth, not textured like rest of the frame.

5. pistoleer

pistoleer

That's exactly what I was referring to:thumbsup:

6. pistoleer

pistoleer

So I called up glock today and asked them about the 10 digit numbered frame and why it is very smoothe and they were unsure at first. But after they looked at one they had in the factory they said that it was numbered by the particular machine that made it and where it came from. He didn't have a clue to the polishing maybe I should have just said smoother but said it all depends on the machine making it.