Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Choosing between these 2, a Polish milled CAI, or a self-converted Saiga (I've done several already) which would you pick? I've never handled a milled AK- just stamped, although the milled SKS receivers were nice.
Thoughts?

·
Huge Member
11,313 Posts
Saiga....for no particular reason other than they are good guns.

·
Daca is caca
3,650 Posts
bulgarian milled sa93 or slr95

·
Boosh
135 Posts
there is really no advantage to a milled gun other than a better fit and finish. i know firsthand that the saiga is above average as far as accuracy is concerned. id even go so far as to say that its more accurate then cheap 600-700 dollar AR's.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Choosing between these 2, a Polish milled CAI, or a self-converted Saiga (I've done several already) which would you pick? I've never handled a milled AK- just stamped, although the milled SKS receivers were nice.
Thoughts?
You say you've done/had several SAIGAs already. OK, so now get the "Polish Milled". Reviews have been favorable, and it's something different to add to the safe.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
My friend has a milled Arsenal. Really the only thing I notice between it and my Saiga conversion is the weight.

Oh, and the fact he paid $900 and I have $450 in mine.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thanks for the replies. I wondered if I was missing out on something by not having a milled AK. It seems, by the posts above, that I'm not missing out on much. I'll eventually get to handle one and see what the fuss is about- he had me excited with the "feels like it's on rollers" stuff. I was all ready to trade a GP100 + cash for a Polish, but I can buy a Saiga and convert it for less than that.

Thanks, guys.

·
Registered
231 Posts
OK, help me to understand then;

why did you open basically a "which gun should I buy" thread, if you knew all along that you wanted yet another SAIGA?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I found a 7.62x39 Saiga locally for $340 final price. I can get a Draco for that. My plans were to put a folding stock on the Saiga and have a portable AK; I already have several with full wood furniture.

So, with the intent to spend $350-425 or so, to buy a short, portable AK, would you go with a Saiga with a sidefolding stock, or a Draco?

+Draco is shorter
-No front hand grip without $200 tax stamp
+Nothing else to buy

-Saiga is longer
+Front hand grip no problem with side-folder
-Still have to buy folding stock (not to mention whatever conversion materials)

I'd expect the Saiga to be better-built, but I read many reviews on the Draco pistol and most were favorable; that might be a wash.

Anyone care to opine?

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
I found a 7.62x39 Saiga locally for $340 final price. I can get a Draco for that. My plans were to put a folding stock on the Saiga and have a portable AK; I already have several with full wood furniture.

So, with the intent to spend $350-425 or so, to buy a short, portable AK, would you go with a Saiga with a sidefolding stock, or a Draco?

+Draco is shorter
-No front hand grip without $200 tax stamp
+Nothing else to buy

-Saiga is longer
+Front hand grip no problem with side-folder
-Still have to buy folding stock (not to mention whatever conversion materials)

I'd expect the Saiga to be better-built, but I read many reviews on the Draco pistol and most were favorable; that might be a wash.

Anyone care to opine?
Get the Saiga because you can fold the stock out on it and have a 300 yard rifle.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts