Policing British style

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Tomcat1977, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Tomcat1977

Tomcat1977 "Cynical Little me"

2. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Damn foolishness of ill equipped police, not having arms, no protective gear, no radio,especially at Parliament, is the root cause here.

Someone starts shooting or stabbing people, I’ll respond, no hesitation. I’m capable of making a difference, I’m armed. I’ll take the risk.

Someone falls into cold water, I ain’t jumping in after them. Can’t swim good enough to save them.

Rescuers don’t barge in when conditions are too unsafe, you don’t sacrifice rescuers lives unnecessarily when they aren’t prepared for the circumstances.

Guy with two big knives would have sliced up the admin weenie like a Vienna sausage and just ended up with one more victim.

He may well be a coward also, but given the circumstances it was actually the right call.

Randy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. thewitt

thewitt

Run away, hide, call the police

4. John_AZ

John_AZ

Sounds like the local police chief here who was riding with one of his officers. Officer gets into a foot pursuit and chief stayed at the car and didn’t even clear on the radio on updates of direction of travel.

I hope I never promote high enough where I stop being a cop.

slamdunc likes this.
  5. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

If he sends his officers out unarmed to face threats like that, then he damned well should have jumped right in. When an officer’s life is in danger, you’ll can’t play the chief card.

Same goes for over here. If a peace officer is on duty, they better be armed, equipped and have their mindset switched on, no matter what their assignment.

pgg00, Mtnfolk75 and Sgt127 like this.
  6. knoxvegasdaddy

knoxvegasdaddy UBER VOL !!!

Like Nancy Reagan said, just say no.

7. ReaPer105

ReaPer105

So he will let his officers face these threats without adequate tools to deal with it, but he won't do the same? Shame on him.

n2g, Mtnfolk75 and Sgt127 like this.
  8. Tomcat1977

Huh? Locking the car door and watching your guy get slaughtered is the "right call"? Whatever happened to running someone over in your car?

A Police Chief in one of the biggest citys in the world is unarmed, "and probably feeling very righteous about not having to resort to fireams like the savage Yanks"? We have words for Sir: Craig where I come from and they dont start with "Sir". Normally they start with "P" and end with "Y".

I guess he never got the memo theres a terror war on. When you got a guy running over people with a car, and/or stabbing them, its time to play bumper cars and give the innocents a chance. That is if you can't shoot them in the first place.

I don't even remember none of the 'murican news picking this up cause they all go ga ga over the unarmed Brit cops in the funny Hats. Jeez even the Scandinavian cops have guns.

pgg00, happie2shoot, fla2760 and 2 others like this.
  9. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

They are pretending that they didn't turn the UK with the Third World.

GlockPride likes this.
  10. Lt. Donn

Lt. Donn PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia

I don't want to stick-up for the guy at all...but 82 seconds when you are in "admin" mode or code white...yeah I know, but we All are in code white sometimes...is Not a lot of time to react. THBS given the overall crime surge in GB, there is absolutely NO excuse Parliament is not fully protected and Every officer should be fully handgun trained and equipped...period!

11. OLY-M4gery

OLY-M4gery

I don't think he sent anyone out, his chauffeured car came across it, and he was not armed or armored, and had passengers in the car with him.

Still don't think it's the "right call". He had a car, that can be used as a weapon. I'm sure there was some tire changing tools in the boot..........

The whole "slaughter" lasted 82 seconds per the article.

12. blueiron

blueiron

Why the fuss? If the Metropolitan Police and the Home Secretary don't want constables with firearms, why should Americans care? It's their nation and state, let them do as they want.

I am unlikely to ever return to Londonistan.

13. blueiron

blueiron

The admin puke has his KBE, his pension, and his upper class wanker lifestyle. I only hope that he grows a conscious and the resultant nightmares cause him to hang himself in the nearest closet. He deserves to be addressed as "Lady Craig" from hereafter.

I honestly doubt he thinks about the murder all that much.

14. Tomcat1977

This dingbat is what motivated me to start this. http://boundingintocomics.com/2018/...-actress-claire-foy-hates-on-president-trump/ She's not the first British dingbat to open their mouth about a President and Politics that has nothing to do with her.

Plus as a retired cop I do take offense to some coward Police Chief locking his car doors and crapping his pants as one of his guys gets chopped up with a knife after some loon runs over a bunch of citizens. And don't even get me started on this immigration thing the British seem to be championing.

pgg00 likes this.
  15. RogerWilco

RogerWilco

Some years ago we were having an exchange with some British police officers. They informed us that most bobbies over there were adamant about NOT carrying a firearm because.......they were afraid that if the criminals knew the police were starting to be armed, the criminals would begin killing the police instead of just slapping them around some before making their escape. Those cops didn't want to risk death at the hands of the criminals they obviously feared so.

I don't think the methods/technology exchange went the way the administration had hoped, and we were happy to be rid of the bobbies. I am aware that they can't possibly all be like the ones we suffered through, but it did kind of leave us with a few opinions of British policing and law enforcement.

pgg00 likes this.
  16. shawn mccarver

shawn mccarver

Sorry, but the root cause is not the unarmed or ill-equipped police. It is the fact that they let the savages in.

"He who goes unarmed in paradise had better be sure that that is where he is." - James Thurber.

serve_and_protect likes this.
  17. walkinguf61

walkinguf61

The police commissioner who locked himself in the car gets a “conditional pass” from receiving condemnation from me. The guy hasn’t been a cop in years, but a “house mouse” . I don’t know his health condition or even if he was a real cop when he was assigned to patrol as a police officer.

He was unarmed, no vest, no weapons and probably hasn’t gone “Hands on “ in twenty years. The time of incident, he didn’t know what the attack was about etc. He might have thought he was the target.

Using the car as weapon? He was being driven. I doubt he had the keys.

I have seen many “a man of action “freeze up or panic , especially if they haven’t done it in a long time.

As far as arming “Bobbies” . They aren’t too different than a lot of our liberal policy makers. Too far behind the times. If they don’t want to be armed with handguns, fine. Give them the choice as individuals. Arm them with some stand-off less lethal like tasers. At least a one shot taser gives them a chance.

18. Tomcat1977

Dude you never allow another copper to get sliced to bologna without trying to help him. I dont care if you have a peg Leg. Can you picture Sir: Piss Pants running to his car, locking the doors, rolling up the windows, and watching? This idiot is the reason there are no armed cops at the entrance to Parliament in the first place. He's the acting Chief.

Well just another Political jerk off running a PD. Maybe now they will finally get around to banning knives.

19. walkinguf61

walkinguf61

Nope. But I have seen brain lock on brave people.

It goes back to “I wasn’t there”. I reserve judgment until I know more. Was his fellow cop already stabbed before he knew what was going on, etc. Remember he was unarmed, no radio, . His head might have been buried with n paperwork before he realized what was happening. “Condition white” as his driver confronted someone ( not knowing the extent of the actual threat).

Again,” I wasn’t there.” And I don’t have information to condemn him yet for cowardice. YET.

The paper says the other cops who were stabbed were stabbed as they ran away from the attacker( they were unarmed) . That with the “ fog of war” and not knowing what else was going on, is a factor.

I can condemn him for his previous decisions about arming his police. Especially around terrorist targets. But He was not a complete hypocrite and didn’t have an armed team guarding him when he probably could have .

However this case is not unique of supervision showing less than stellar bravery:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
  20. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

If the fireman in command of a scene decides the building is unstable, about to collapse, does he continue to send in firemen to fight the fire or go in himself? No. They pull back.

If there's poisonous gas does he expect guys without breathing apparatus to go in or go in himself? Or wait for breathing apparatus to arrive? They wait.

You don't sacrifice people for a futile gesture.

That's how I view this, not from the standpoint of being armed and trained to handle a guy with a knife. That's not the scenario there.

Maybe there was a point where he could have ordered the chauffeur to ram the guy, or maybe people or his own man was in the way so it wasn't an option. I wasn't there. Whole thing was less than 2 minutes. Not much time to improvise a weapon and come up with makeshift plans.

There were other unarmed cops there running from the guy instead of to their comrade. Apparently they're not expected to mix it up with armed suspects when unarmed. Only the armed guys were running towards the threat.

Randy

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk