Glock Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11,743 Posts
Did I hear Portugese for "Get on it Mel!"?

·
L.A. fanboy
7,146 Posts
I can ask risk management to see how many worker's compensation claims came in for self inflicted gun shot wounds to the foot.
Officers always find a way to hide their stupid actions :rofl:

...reminds me of a story a colleague told me years ago (verified). Some officers were bored at the station and decided to compete by doing kicks as high as possible. One guy did it from a rolling chair - fell down - broke his leg.

...they took this guy, put him in a cruiser, brought him a couple of miles away where he sat down next to some fence. Then they called EMS and dispatch and said he fell down the fence chasing a burglar.. :rofl:

It came to light later and they all got a reprimand

·
L.A. fanboy
7,146 Posts
That is a pretty standard move. I have taken it from my SWAT training and incorporated it into my regular calls for service-minus the shoot in the foot thing of course.
I understand that, I usually do a forward roll when I exit my car. Sometimes I roll all the way to the door and knock with my feet.

·
38,473 Posts
Officers always find a way to hide their stupid actions :rofl:

...reminds me of a story a colleague told me years ago (verified). Some officers were bored at the station and decided to compete by doing kicks as high as possible. One guy did it from a rolling chair - fell down - broke his leg.

...they took this guy, put him in a cruiser, brought him a couple of miles away where he sat down next to some fence. Then they called EMS and dispatch and said he fell down the fence chasing a burglar.. :rofl:

It came to light later and they all got a reprimand
Reprimand? That's it? Around here, it would be sent to the D.A. for worker's compensation fraud and brought up internally on charges for falsifying a police report and all of them would be fired... and then it would go through a huge lawsuit and the main guy would be fired and the rest probably brought back with backpay and featured in the front page of PORAC magazine as an example of how the unions won.

That is a pretty standard move. I have taken it from my SWAT training and incorporated it into my regular calls for service-minus the shoot in the foot thing of course.
I think the SWAT roll is incorporated into the first week of the academy now and it's a section where you have to be signed off to pass FTO as a rookie.

I understand that, I usually do a forward roll when I exit my car. Sometimes I roll all the way to the door and knock with my feet.
Dude, if you don't start the day with a few rolls in the lockers and then roll all the way to briefing, you didn't start your shift right and now you jinxed the whole shift.

·
L.A. fanboy
7,146 Posts
Reprimand? That's it? Around here, it would be sent to the D.A. for worker's compensation fraud and brought up internally on charges for falsifying a police report and all of them would be fired... and then it would go through a huge lawsuit and the main guy would be fired and the rest probably brought back with backpay and featured in the front page of PORAC magazine as an example of how the unions won.

I think the SWAT roll is incorporated into the first week of the academy now and it's a section where you have to be signed off to pass FTO as a rookie.

Dude, if you don't start the day with a few rolls in the lockers and then roll all the way to briefing, you didn't start your shift right and now you jinxed the whole shift.
it was little bit more than a reprimand, but nobody got fired from what I know. You dont get fired that fast here.
The lawsuit thing was funny.

Btw talking about weird things while on duty, did you ever saw the swedish police movie Kops?
Its a very funny very good movie and one of the officers always has the urge to hit the horn one or two times when he exits the car and one time when he enters or something like that.

There is also one funny gun-ho guy who dreams about gunfights all the time - but they are working in a small down where nothing happens.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGwpbH6xby0"]Best of kops! - YouTube[/ame]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts