Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
On the day of your birth death began stalking you
9,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever have a gun you really didn't like but wanted to? I have. In fact I hated the Sig 226 but wanted to like it so much I had bought 3 through the years. Only to sell them a couple weeks later in disgust. Yeah, I am a slow learner. Been married 3 times, re-enlisted 3 times and so on. Well, I haven't had one now for probably 10 years or so.

I had finally decided no more. That is until last week. I found a deal on this PD trade in and figured at that price it's hard to go wrong. The shop even let me try it in the range since it was used. I liked it but it needed new sights. Thanks to some help from Glockdude1 I got some new sights for it that are dead on for me.

Long story short for some reason this pistol is quickly becoming one of my favorites. I have put about 300 rounds of 9mm through it and have been carrying it in the truck. I have even ordered a holster for it. I have been playing with it with my dry fire laserlyte device alot of a evening. This one has found a home I think. Here are the pics.
20200508_203002.jpg

Here is a picture of the target after changing out the sights. 35 rounds at 7 yards.
20200508_203026.jpg

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
8,157 Posts
Our interests and taste can change over time. Years ago I wasn’t very interested in HK but now I’m very much into them. Congrats on the new acquisition.

·
9,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Our interests and taste can change over time. Years ago I wasn’t very interested in HK but now I’m very much into them. Congrats on the new acquisition.
This is what I am thinking

·
Registered
32,473 Posts
Does it have a date code under the muzzle?

I picked up a 95 P228 that was used 10 years ago. I had passed a 228 up 2 times before that.

Reactions: cbetts1

·
Registered
21,437 Posts
I'm in the same boat. Most of the new ones i haven't taken a liking to. For some reason their triggers feel different to me. Can't explain it. Almost sloppy and inconsistent feeling. The older ones were smooth as glass and very nice.

·
9,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does it have a date code under the muzzle?

I picked up a 95 P228 that was used 10 years ago. I had passed a 228 up 2 times before that.
20200508_222350.jpg

·
9,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Reactions: 7th District

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
The newer ones have a plastic trigger group under the rear of the grips. When the newer P series sig sauers have this the trigger is not the same. The older guns have better triggers when broken in in my opinion. The newer ones can still be good but the older ones just have a better feel.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Nice find!

A good 226 is hard to beat. Amusingly the 226 was almost the last hammer Sig I tried (220, 225, 245, 239, 229 and I guess the 250) and easily my favorite and the only one I kept.

Guess I should have started with the 226...

Reactions: Trench Sweeper

·
9,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just as I made my decision to not buy a P226...
There are some deals to be had on these trade ins. Mine appears to be carried alot and shot a little.

·
Electron maker
513 Posts
Bought my police trade P226 in 16 years ago. No rail is the way to go for me. It’s a frigging no jam workhorse of a handgun. Nothing in my safe shoots as soft.

I like it so much that I have a red P226 sticker on my Jeep rear window. Old school, none of this new fangled polymer P320 nonsense.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
The fact that you are shooting it so well is probably a factor in you liking this one. Maybe your shooting technique has improved over the years to where you can shoot a P series pistol well? I know my affinity for certain firearms is almost entirely dependent on how well I shoot it. This is why I rarely sell off anything these days. When I’m not shooting something well, it’s usually me, not the gun.

My own P226 is a case in point. Some days I am not great with it and think, why do I bother with this huge boat anchor of a 9mm when my Glock 19 does everything better? And then, I’ll have a fantastic day at the range with it and then it’s back in the running

For me though, I am much more consistent with my P220s. My P229 .40 also. I almost always shoot them very well. The P226, not always. Not sure why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 44 Posts