Police Trade-In G-19s And Price Question (NOT 19s)

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by robhic, Oct 17, 2015.

1. robhic

robhic I'm your huckleberry.... Platinum Member

Just got an email from AIM Surplus that they have G-19 LEO trade-ins (looked like Gen 3s) for around $359 for anyone interested http://www.aimsurplus.com/

And I'm going to a gun show next weekend looking to score a G36 45acp and am curious what a good or even decent price on that model pistol is? Most seem (these days) to be around $500 ± so I'm hoping the "show prices" will be less, as in a LOT less but most times the show prices are BS.... Any ideas? FFL holders?

2. clarkstoncz

clarkstoncz

I've seen posts about those police trade-in G19s.

My wife has small hands and her Gen 3 Glock 19, and also Glock 32 were a bit too big for her hands.

It has been years since I handled a Gen 2 Glock, esp. a Glock 19, but remember having a
    MPDC G19 years ago that I sold to my Mother who also has small hands.

3. Locust414

Locust414

The .45 ACP usually cost a lil more. I would expect 500-575. Usually, what I found at gun shows is that the first table will show you prices at all the other tables.

Try a independent FFL that does not have any overhead (does not have a storefront to operate). They sometimes can do better deals.

A few weeks ago, I did that. But, after I spoke to FFL and what his price would be for a G19 gen 4, I went to LGS and asked if they could beat it. They did, if I paid cash. I paid 489 for a new black G19 where the FFL was 505. Most others was 549-579.

4. Chowser

Chowser

They are gen 2s if anyone is looking for no finger grooves.

5. clarkstoncz

clarkstoncz

HI re-read your post.

As for Glock 36 prices.

Mine that I shot one range session, has 4 mags (that includes one mag that's +1) and a kydex IWB holster.
    Also free ship.

A bit above your price of $500, and most new or used G36s I'm seeing locally are $539
    to a whopping $619.

I wish the G36 was more to my liking, but it looks like I'll have to go Glock 39
    in .45 GAP for a smaller grip and a grip that my wife can handle if she ever
    needs to shoot such.

However..
    I'm still thinking that a used Gen 2 Glock 19 might be the perfect grip for her.

Best of luck with your Glock 36 search though.

6. opticks

opticks

one thing to keep in mind about the gen2 19s is the lack of rail. while I know you are aware of this, I find myself wishing for a rail since I wanted that to be my home defense gun. I am now looking for a gen3 17 or 19 so that I may have a light to go along with a set of night sights.

7. Rusty Guns

Rusty Guns

Optics, I just ran across this thread, and see that you are looking for a gen3 G-19. I have a gen 3, and am looking for a gen2.
    By now you probably have found a gen 3, but if you are interested in a trade, I would be.
    Send me a PM, and we can talk it over.