Police Search Baltimore County, MD House Over BB Gun Seen in Virtual Class

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by glockman66, Jun 13, 2020.

1. glockman66

glockman66

2. Sharkey

Sharkey

I saw that story, posted it on my FB wall and it got 0 response. No one cares anymore. Mom's mistake was letting police in the home if they had no warrant. I am sure the officers had to go out because of the way call was dispatched but someone at the school needs to be reprimanded at the very least.

3. Taz

Taz

Idiot leftists being idiot leftists.

Glock17193643, Quijibo and spork like this.
  4. Dynactus

Dynactus The wind serenades a purified man.

Not criticizing the Mother or the LEOs, but I thought everybody knew to require a warrant before allowing a search of their home/car etc. LEOs, especially, know to ask to see a warrant prior to granting permission for a search of their property. Sounds like the lady is trying to shut the barn door after the goats have left the barn. We should expect to see more of this type of activity until after the Pres. election.

Quijibo, ExecutiveWill and larry_minn like this.
  5. jk_226

jk_226

Letting them in probably made it end better than not.

It makes the school look like the morons they are thinking they can enforce school rules on a virtual class.

RichardB, Quijibo and spork like this.
  6. Sharkey

Sharkey

Maybe? Hard to say now at this point. CPS Caseworkers never had a warrant and they would go into a home and 9 times out of 10, the parents would be screwed. I wouldn't be rude about it to the police but if you don't have a warrant, you ain't coming in. The school looks like morons regardless because those that called it in are well morons.

Quijibo, NoStress and spork like this.
  7. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

She realizes her mistake. “No thank you, have a good drive back to your station”

spork likes this.
  8. fastbolt

fastbolt

Perhaps this is one of those instances arising from this stay-home & distance learning period which has produced an unintended consequence that requires being addressed in civil court.

On the other hand, parents might well consider whether they've willingly waived a certain amount of their right to privacy by allowing others to see inside their homes via computer cameras.

Probably more than a couple of possible "lessons" that may be learned from this incident.

Sigh.

9. spork

spork Caffeinator

If I were the student, I would add four or five more BB guns to the wall, along with a Trump 2020 poster, and maybe a classic poster like Aces High from Iron Maiden.

Grease Gunner and ScarFace88 like this.
  10. fastbolt

fastbolt

Maybe mom (and dad) are annoyed and mad enough to think of offering to help the youngster with that, too. ;)

11. larry_minn

Have him do special credit report on trajectory of bullets at different velocities for extra credit. Then have a reloader load rounds to test the math.
    I brought a 16 gauge break open shotgun. On the bus to school. (With permission) many times. A 3006 once. And a pistol.
    After graduation I had permission to carry loaded on school grounds till new administration.
    I used shotgun in two speeches, and as extra credit in shop 7th grade. It was common to had 3 shotguns on bus Friday before hunting. Plus bag with clothing, shells, knife.... so you needed help to haul it up to Principals office for day. Then on bus of friends you were going to go hunting at. (That you needed a parents note to ride a different bus)
    Nobody got hurt.

Quijibo and Grease Gunner like this.
  12. G17Jake

G17Jake

An 11-year-old boy with bb guns, archery gear, and a US flag in his bedroom. The school has some work to do with this one.

Uh-oh… signs of toxic masculinity also. The school must be freaking out.

larry_minn, Sharkey, RichardB and 3 others like this.
  13. larry_minn

Most boys when I was in school were extremely proud when they did firearms safety. When you were allowed to have your BB gun on wall in your room. Popular shop project. A 2-3 place wall gun rack. 7-9th grade. 10 to 12th a glass front cabinet for a dozen long guns, lower drawers for ammo, accessories.
    It’s a book case now as gun safe.

jk_226 likes this.