Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Luke 22:35-38
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is something I think about from time to time as I'm somewhat of a prepared mindset and an auxiliary officer with my sheriff's office. If we are ever invaded, what will be the police's response? How would police fair in holding off an an attack before the military reinforces them? How would the police be mobilized in the first place? What will be their role as the invasion presses on from the initial strike? All this is obviously assuming that we aren't nuked first or less obviously we aren't struck by an EMP prior to the attack. I would love to here your thoughts

·
Director of civil unrest
11,337 Posts
This is something I think about from time to time as I'm somewhat of a prepared mindset and an auxiliary officer with my sheriff's office. If we are ever invaded, what will be the police's response? How would police fair in holding off an an attack before the military reinforces them? How would the police be mobilized in the first place? What will be their role as the invasion presses on from the initial strike? All this is obviously assuming that we aren't nuked first or less obviously we aren't struck by an EMP prior to the attack. I would love to here your thoughts
Really? You think the police are going to protect our society in the event of an invasion? Come on! I'm wondering what the ratio of police officers to armed citizens is. Where I live, central WA. state, the number of armed citizens is probably 500+:1 at the very least.

·
Luke 22:35-38
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Really? You think the police are going to protect our society in the event of an invasion? Come on! I'm wondering what the ratio of police officers to armed citizens is. Where I live, central WA. state, the number of armed citizens is probably 500+:1 at the very least.
I didn't say anything about the police being the ones protecting us. All Iasked was what would their role be.

·
Super Moderator
19,016 Posts
Invaded by whom? Really, until this vital piece is in the question, there is no answer.

·
Registered
867 Posts
The U.S. will not fall from an external invasion. It will fall from within. Dearborn has already fallen. ;)

·
Registered
15,727 Posts
Haha. We are not equipped or trained for military tactics. In fact, despite what a lot of internet goobers think, we are trained for the exact opposite role.

I have a pistol and two mags on my belt, a few more mags in the car, with an AR15 and 2 spare 30rd mags.

If the N Korean infantry invades I am doing what every other American civilian would be doing, trying to round my family up, and get hunkered down.

But let’s be serious. The invasion of France during WW2 was the largest military operation ever undertaken. It took years to plan and thousands of ships and aircraft. Something N Korea just can’t put together. And certainly can’t even attempt without intelligence discovering it before it attains any real capability.

N Korea has a tremendous army IN N Korea, but they would have a hard time moving a significant portion of their troops within their own borders in any short period of time. I would bet the vehicles and fuel necessary would be difficult for them to mobilize even within their own borders.

·
Registered
703 Posts
LOL

Yep - like collim1 said, we are not equipped or trained for that kind of thing, contrary to what the SJWs think. We mostly wear easy to spot uniforms, drive easy to spot cars, and carry light weapons. We would be no better off than anyone else armed with an AR15 and their own personally owned tactical equipment. There would be no “holding off” any determined modern mechanized force. You could take the largest police departments in the country, put them all out and they would get rolled over by a tank company or mechanized infantry company. Pistols, light rifles and some sniper rifles (even the .50BMG ones) are not gonna do jack to AFVs, artillery, and air.

Realistically, I think our primary role at first would be to facilitate the evacuation of populated areas near the combat zone, and traffic control. Maybe the protection of Red Cross aid, etc. If Russians or North Koreans invaded, you sure as hell would not want to be captured as a police officer / government official. Beyond that, if you were the Red Dawn type, you could do Red Dawn stuff with people of a like mind. I guess honestly, the most useful thing a cop could do would serve as a local guide and information resource for the military guys coming back to liberate it. That of course is for the guys who didn’t just skedaddle out and leave with their families, etc.

Be a fun book to write/read!

ETA - that’s all assuming that N. Korea or Russia could ever get the resources together to do something of that scale, which I highly doubt. Even if they did, this place is way too big to completely occupy.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.