Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
1-man flash mob
4,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Only the closest one's though. Imagine if they invied all of their friends and family.

On a side note. I cannot imagine where an 11,000 sq ft house would even be found in Ellenwood. Not exactly a well-to-do area.

·
Banned
5,471 Posts
I've asked people to bring a snack before to a game or a fight but I've never asked for a cover charge.

·
Registered
12,131 Posts
On a side note. I cannot imagine where an 11,000 sq ft house would even be found in Ellenwood. Not exactly a well-to-do area.
"4550 block of the ironically named Revenue Trail."

·
Registered
353 Posts
We used to have a problem with a "club" in one of the worse parts of the city. One night the city realized the building was zones residential and they were charging people at the door. It's no longer a party.. or a building lol

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
I saw this on the news last night. I would be pissed if I was their neighbors and they had the 400+ party, even if it was for charity, but they canceled that party once they were notified that they weren't allowed to "run a business" out of their home and decided to just have family and close friends over. The police are still going to post up at the entrance to the neighborhood and ask "papers please" and if you don't live there you will be turned away. I hope they get their asses sued off.

·
Premium Member
10,862 Posts
I saw this on the news last night. I would be pissed if I was their neighbors and they had the 400+ party, even if it was for charity, but they canceled that party once they were notified that they weren't allowed to "run a business" out of their home and decided to just have family and close friends over. The police are still going to post up at the entrance to the neighborhood and ask "papers please" and if you don't live there you will be turned away. I hope they get their asses sued off.
I'll bet all the neighbors are already invited, so no one gets angry about the whole thing, that's the best way to go....

...and of course, the cops will have NOTHING better to do than pull BS like that, trying to shut it down, repeatedly going to the door with 'noise complaints' (even if there really aren't any, how can you prove otherwise?)
Can't just leave it alone, can they? :steamed:

·
Registered
32,230 Posts
I know in CA if there is booze present and you are selling it (even if it is just included in the cover charge no per drink) it turns you into a bar/nightclub under CA ABC law. Then you have to have a liquor license.

Strangly it is one of the few regulations imposed on booze in CA. Pretty much there are only 4 hours of the day booze can't be sold in CA and just about any business can sell just about any kind of booze as long as you get the right permit.

·
1-man flash mob
4,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, that's what this country needs more lawsuits. Why is it that everybody goes straight to "suing"? That thought never crosses my mind.

·
Firm member
30,190 Posts
I know in CA if there is booze present and you are selling it (even if it is just included in the cover charge no per drink) it turns you into a bar/nightclub under CA ABC law. Then you have to have a liquor license.
This, and I believe it is a federal crime to charge people to watch broadcast television in your home. HH

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Yeah, that's what this country needs more lawsuits. Why is it that everybody goes straight to "suing"? That thought never crosses my mind.
If we don't sue the government for OBVIOUS constitutional violations, we will continue to have our rights eroded. Cops shouldn't even think about this kind of crap, much less carry it out. I am all for tort reform and limiting frivolous lawsuits, but when the government is restricting rights the judicial system is our only recourse, with our current ineffective legislative process.

·
Semper Paratus
28,347 Posts
What if the HOA is hiring the cops off duty t keep out non residents (that is my understanding of what is happening). I see no actionable government intrusion..

1 - 20 of 49 Posts