Police officers have had enough

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by B C, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

boofers20, MFC4, jr24 and 2 others like this.
  2. fastbolt

fastbolt

Some agencies may (can) require a doctor's notice of illness. Claiming not to be "sick enough to go to the doctor" may not serve as an adequate defense. It depends.

It may not kick in until 3 consecutive sick call-offs have occurred, although an exception may be allowed for even a single call-off if it's suspicious, like because of past and ongoing patterns of sick leave abuse, threatened "blu-flu" (which is unlawful), etc. Depends on the language in the contract, MOU's, etc.

Now, look at this against the backdrop of the current declared pandemic, and people being told to avoid ER's, and primary physicians not wanting potentially sick patients to come into waiting rooms, etc.

This could become quite the mess in trying to sort out what's real, and what's Memorex.

Glockdude1 and ranger1968 like this.

3. robhic

robhic I'm your huckleberry.... Platinum Member

This doesn't surprise me in the least. You couldn't pay me enough to join the police. I have tremendous respect for ALL officers who have to deal with the enemy without AND the enemy within. Sorta like the ROE in Afghanistan that got so many of our troops dead or wounded. Makes me nuts.

Speleothem, MFC4 and GlockAndMan like this.
  4. ACE31

ACE31

And this is where we are headed into boot licking communism.

5. uzimon

uzimon Daca is caca

Yeah that video a 10 year old girl would've been about as much of a threat

6. faceplant

faceplant

So rent a cop making minimum wage, minimal training limited backgrounds and no loyalty. I dont see that working well. First incident the HOA will be sued, bankrupted along with BOD.

7. MFC4

MFC4 Si tacuisses, philosophus manisses

It’s not a conspiracy theory. Read any BLM or antifa literature and they tell you the goal.

Bren likes this.
  8. serve_and_protect

serve_and_protect

Sounds like the USA will be a third world country, where the elites are protected by heavily armed bodyguards and live in gated communities, while everyone else suffers anarchy, chaos and rampant crime.

Like Mexico, South Africa, and Syria.

9. serve_and_protect

serve_and_protect

Not for long.

The Muslims/MS13/La Raza crowd are on their way there, too.

kwo likes this.
  10. serve_and_protect

serve_and_protect

That's their goal.

Step 1: Make the job of being a LEO/military so miserable, unpleasant and unbearable that patriotic American LEOs quit or don't even apply for the job in the first place.

Step 2: Fill the ranks of LEO/military with MS13, Muslims, La Raza, CAIR, Antifa and other globalist enforcers.

Step 3: Use these obedient new enforcers to crush any resistance to globalist cultural marxism.

11. Dukeboy01

Dukeboy01 Pretty Ladies!

Any cop in a frontline position where they wear a uniform in public everyday and drive a marked car who has enought years of service to retire should do it tomorrow. In fact, any cop in any position, even if they're in plainclothes and unmarked cars, who can retire should strongly consider it.

JDD7 likes this.
  12. kwo

kwo

Can we tell the LEO's we got their 6 without being po po .

13. walkinguf61

walkinguf61

I just advised a guy to pull the pin and retire. And he is making more money in overtime than the police commissioner.

14. marchboom

marchboom

I'm sure there are a LOT of officers thinking about that now. Being a detective or flying a desk isn't even safe as these officers are being put out on the street to supplement the patrol cops. And if more officers retire (along with the normal number of retirements that occur) even more "inside" officers will be put out on the street. Officers will be required to work overtime but how are they going to be paid? These cities are broke and mayors now want to cut police budgets.

When this happens at least 2 scenarios are possible. Cities will have to pay officers much more to keep them and/or to recruit new cops (this might be difficult with the call to "defund the police") OR keep the pay the same and reduce hiring standards just to get people to apply. And the latter NEVER works out well.

City residents screaming "defund the police, no justice no peace", etc., have no idea how bad it will get when no one answers their 911 call, when response times are 3-4 hours, when criminals are arrested, booked and then released without posting bail, when democRAT prosecutors and judges fail to prosecute and apply proper sentences, etc, etc.

I think there will be at least 1 democRAT run city with a mayor and city council that hates and despises the police and will do whatever they can to damage the dept. Cops will then leave at unheard of numbers and then the rest of the U.S. will see how damaging the demoCcRAT party really is.

Glockdude1 likes this.
  15. BobbyS

BobbyS Truth always sounds like lies to a sinner

you having their 6 will get ya 6.

6 -10 years