police officer denied right to vote after refusing to surrender weapon

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by ERASER, Nov 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fmfdocglock

fmfdocglock

Sounds like the election official didn't know the rules.

2. Jon_R

Jon_R

Weird story. I don't know the laws in Maine but in FL polling places are one of the places a on duty LEO can carry a weapon but a permit holder can not. I am not sure how it works for off duty non uniformed officers.

If I walked in and saw a uniformed officer with an empty holster I would get a lot more concerned something bad is going on then to see him with a holstered firearm.

3. John Rambo

John Rambo Raven

Oh well. Plenty of places I can't get into with a firearm either, and I get along just fine not bringing it.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
  4. MarccraM

MarccraM

Truly hysterical.. I read this quote without looking at the author... There are 3-4 people on this board who basically consistetly post sounding like a brady campaign anti-gun zealots....

I look up after reading the post and really laughed to myself.....VIP18971 never let's me down... He's one of the few I was referring to and I had to laugh.

Gotta hand it to the bunch I'm talking about. At least they're consistently against the 2nd.:whistling:

Hell my parents hate guns but they are more supportive of carry rights then these guys...

Now I'm just waiting for winners like David Armstrong to chime in and Vip and he can tell us how we really should be happy were allowed to carry in "certain" places at all.

5. frank_drebin

frank_drebin 1-man flash mob

....until you don't

6. Cali-Glock

Cali-Glock Mountain Man

Hmm... I was actually considering open carrying at my polling place tomorrow night. I always vote absentee, but the polling place is at my church and we alway end up having a board meeting on election nights. The poll workers always seem to freak out that we are on the property...

We have a pro-open carry or concealed carry for our offficers/board members as part of our security plan. So they are going to try to tell me to not carry on my property? I don't think so; they can up and move the polling place!

(I sooooooooo much want to do that, but it would not be a good testimony and generally would not be productive.)

7. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

Yeah, that would be spooky. I'd back out of the place until I knew what was going on.

Locally, a butt head on the City Council told the Sheriff he couldn't be armed at Council meetings. The Sheriff told him to kiss his ass and the people backed him.

8. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

There are a bunch of petty people out there that hate guns.
    Some on this board.

Pathetic little minds.
    :supergrin:

9. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

I really hope he doesn't think he's in Iraq fighting for the right of the State to carry weapons in places the People cannot.

10. John Rambo

John Rambo Raven

If you think I'm anti 2nd amendment then you need your head examined. I was merely remarking that this is not news, because its what the rest of us have to deal with already. Boo hoo for the cop, he was subject to the same things as I was. Oh, the humanity!

11. John Rambo

John Rambo Raven

Unlikely, as most of those places (but not all) have their own security onsite, such as the courthouse I have to go to today which has dozens of arms guards throughout the lobby.

12. frank4570

frank4570

Sounds like you don't need to carry a gun at all.

13. doneroman

doneroman SheepDogs-R-Us

What?! The Secretary of State for Maine clearly states that there is NOT a law on the books in Maine restricting LEO's movements with their sidearms.

Your carrying/possessing a sidearm has no bearing here, unless you are a retired cop whose state has forbidden it?

14. Psychman

Psychman NRA Patriot Life Member

Guys, I think VIP is simply making the point that HE is unable to go someplaces armed due to dumb laws and to find out a LEO also is unable to go someplaces armed is not surprising. I did not read anything anti- second ammendment in that.

15. John Rambo

John Rambo Raven

You're mistaking my acceptance of something I cannot change with my agreement with it. And I certainly do need a gun, but statistically speaking I probably shouldn't spend too much time dwelling on the fact that I can't take it into a couple places, most of which are already secured by the onsite forces.

I find it hilarious how many people on here are convinced they NEED their gun 24x7 or Charlie is going to jump out from behind the Starbuck's and slit their throats. Especially when, statistically speaking, there are other things that are far more likely to happen to them which a gun won't protect against - why aren't they planning for those contingencies? Yes, you're less protected. Yes, if a crazed gunman flies in the door you're unarmed. But good god, chill out and be realistic about things for a minute.

Don't get me wrong, I put a gun on my hip every morning that I'm not walking into a prohibited area and if I could carry everywhere I would, simply because it doesn't inconvienence me to carry my gun. But I don't lose sleep when I have to leave it in my car to walk into a place where I have less of a chance of needing it than getting struck by lightning.

16. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

Thats what you get out of it??

what color is the sky in your world?

Did you ever serve or do you just Critique those that do.

17. MarccraM

MarccraM

Yeah that's what I'm waiting on.. The "armed guards" to be my personal bodyguard and protect me. Maybe after they can warm me a bottle and change my diaper.

VIP cross your fingers and maybe you're vote for Alex Sink will bring us an. NRA "F" rated governor.. She agrees with you wholeheartedly.

18. imaguy3

imaguy3

First, regarding your post about him being human like you... if he was in plain clothes maybe.. but that uniform/badge is a huge target to some people and being defenseless is stupid.

Secondly on this quote... have you ever talked to some of those security guards? They're not the sharpest tools in the shed, nor do they have the most stellar backgrounds...

19. John Rambo

John Rambo Raven

Eh, then he should do just what I would've had to do. Call their bosses and report the incident and ask that they be instructed in the firearms laws of that state.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.