Glock Talk banner

Police Dogs Offend Muslims

1949 Views 35 Replies 23 Participants Last post by  RussP
This is a 2013 article from the UK. Have there been any incidents here in the U.S. of A?
Police Sniffer Dogs Offend Muslims
POLICE sniffer dogs trained to spot terrorists at railway stations may no longer come into contact with Muslim passengers – after complaints that it is against the suspects’ religion.
A report for the Transport Department has raised the prospect that the animals should only touch passengers’ luggage because it is considered “more acceptable”.

In the Muslim faith, dogs are deemed to be spiritually “unclean”. But banning them from touching passengers would severely restrict their ability to do their job.

The report follows trials of station security measures in the wake of the 2005 London suicide bomb attacks. In one trial, some female Muslims said the use of a body scanner was also unacceptable because it was tantamount to being forced to strip.

British Transport Police last night insisted it would still use sniffer dogs – which are trained to detect explosives – with any passengers regardless of faith, but handlers would remain aware of “cultural sensitivities”.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Super Moderator
61,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
From the site, IslamicConcern.com:
Dogs in Islam
Traditionally, dogs have been seen as impure, and the Islamic legal tradition has developed several injunctions that warn Muslims against most contact with dogs. Unfortunately, many Muslims have used this view to justify the abuse and neglect of dogs, even though cruelty contradicts the Qur'an's view that all animals form "communities like you." We are pleased to present several articles examining the place of dogs in Islam.
Animal Abuse and Welfare in Islam
by Dr. Ayoub M. Banderker (BVMCh), veterinary surgeon

Animal abuse, cruelty, and/or neglect form part of the many social ills plaguing the Muslim community.

Last Ramadaan, I wrote an article highlighting the phenomenon whereby misinformed Muslims took their dogs (and/or cats) to the animal hospitals or mobile clinics during Ramadaan, to have them put to death by lethal injection. The reason given by the majority of these Muslims was that Islam forbids them to keep a dog. Also encountered was when an animal that had been ill for a prolonged time and the disease had progressed to an almost terminal state was it only then brought in for veterinary attention. When asked why they waited so long, the Muslim owner would use Islam as a reason, stating that it is not permissible to touch a dog. This still happens.
There's much more at the link...

· Registered
5,258 Posts
I like cats and dogs.

· Gospel Carrier
532 Posts
All the more reason to recruit, train, and deploy more dogs and handlers... If the muslims don't like dogs, we need more dogs, with well armed owners and handlers... I love dogs, and have an intense visceral dislike for islam and muslims.

· Banned
25,596 Posts
What are the stats on K9's biting the various races? I highly suspect those Belgium and German dogs are racist too.

Reactions: fx77

· Registered
7,088 Posts
Catholics were offended by meats on Friday. They got over it.
I was raised Catholic, and have been back in the Church fervently for years. I have never, ever heard of any Catholic taking offense of others who choose to eat meat on a Friday. Some of us still do not eat meat every Friday. Others, like myself, only practice this on Fridays and a couple other days during Lent. And for the record, eating meat does not offend us at any time; There are certain times when we are required to abstain from it according to our doctrine.

Contrary to what some might think, our faith is more tolerant and inclusive than some other popular forms of Christianity.

· Registered
1,009 Posts
I was raised Catholic, and have been back in the Church fervently for years. I have never, ever heard of any Catholic taking offense of others who choose to eat meat on a Friday. Some of us still do not eat meat every Friday. Others, like myself, only practice this on Fridays and a couple other days during Lent. And for the record, eating meat does not offend us at any time; There are certain times when we are required to abstain from it according to our doctrine.

Contrary to what some might think, our faith is more tolerant and inclusive than some other popular forms of Christianity.
I was assuming he was kidding.

· You local friendly Skynet dealer
13,968 Posts
Have you ever tried to train a goat?

· NRA Life Member
75,681 Posts
Coincidentally, Muslims offend dogs.

Not joking. The wild dogs in Afghanistan hate the Afghans, but will come right up to an American wagging their tails. I assume it is based on years of abuse from Muslims and getting food, water and attention from Americans. I used to feed them Jack Links jerky every day, but my interpreter was afraid to walk with me when I did.

· Registered
5,416 Posts
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.