police clear committee room after passage of gun control bill

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by callihan_44, Feb 7, 2020.

1. serve_and_protect

serve_and_protect

The ban won't apply to regime enforcers. They're special.

dkf, Grumpy_old_man and Cambo like this.
  2. First shot

First shot

That’s for certain and two more words....Supreme Court...$$$$...Somehow, we need to decide what organization we want to represent us all... The more the better, strength in numbers... We all know this don’t we?

Lockback likes this.

3. Chui

Chui

Drop the “liberal mental illness” harangue.

They know full well what they are doing.

All of these 15 round magazines and 17 round magazines will now be verboten. That’s a metric crap ton of Magazines!

So everyone will drive up the price for ten round magazines (and some mentally weak, spineless folk will wax on about how 12 is enough... if you do your part. Well, so is 8. So is 4. And so is 19).

It’s called incrementalism. And it’s effective if one allows it to take hold.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grumpy_old_man and hogship like this.
  4. Cambo

Cambo

I'm talking about different states / municipalities picking different numbers. NY, NJ, CT, MA, CA, HI, D.C. have decided on 10. VT and CO pick 15(as did NJ in 1990). VA and certain parts of IL pick 12. I want to know why they didn't just go for 10.

Chui likes this.
  5. hogship

hogship A republic, if you can keep it! Silver Member

John Roberts has a lot of proving to me, before I can ever trust him to do what the COTUS says, without twisting the meaning to be some political correct revisionist interpretation. :steamed:

6. Chui

Chui

Make people believe “it could have been worse”?

Not sure.

serve_and_protect and Cambo like this.
  7. Sdasaro

Sdasaro Not from my cold dead clutching hands

And that's exactly why its under siege...

8. Sdasaro

Sdasaro Not from my cold dead clutching hands

It's just not right to kill more than 10-12 people at a time. I guess

9. hogship

For "big government" to acquire more power, I'm sure that's the case. But this would go nowhere if there wasn't an emotional response from the uninformed public. They think mass shootings will be stopped, if hi-cap magazines were banned. This is to be expected from those who know little, or nothing at all about firearms.....and easily manipulated into a "group-think" philosophy among themselves.

For the "big government", who want to increase their power, they know from actual verifiable incidences, that limiting magazine capacity will not stop evil people from committing mass shootings. When the law passes, and some nut-case commits another mass shooting with 10rd, or 12rd magazines, then they will convince the gullible that limiting the magazine capacity further, or even outright banning semi-automatic firearms is what's needed. There will be those who will follow the pied piper again, and sign on to that.....again. :crazy:

If this keeps up in the pattern......eventually we'll be disarmed, or to the point where we can no longer defend ourselves against those who have more advanced firearms.......and, when that happens, we'll be right where the power crazy big government people want us.......unable to defend ourselves against an oppressive big government......:steamed:

I could site some examples of how millions of innocent disarmed people were exterminated in the last century......but, you know the drill......:brickwall:

Cambo likes this.
  10. Quigley

Quigley Elite Member

I’ve been on the front lines of this nonsense for the past 6 months. The Dems won due to redistricting and Bloomberg’s money. There were 37 unopposed seats in the house and senate. The Republican Party was completely complacent and many Virginia gun owners sat out the election because Trump is in office and “nothing bad can happen” mentality.

As for the NRA they’ve been completely absent from our fight. Grass roots has been leading the way followed by the VCDL and then the GOA.

cbetts1, BOOSTED12A, dkf and 3 others like this.
  11. northslope66

northslope66

wait ....you mean the police didnt side with the people ? dont say ?

dkf likes this.
  12. Quigley

Quigley Elite Member

Maybe just maybe the people will wake up sooner or later and realize that cops enforce laws and obey orders. Yes they may occasionally look the other way or “accidentally screw up” when something arises that goes against their conscience but as a whole they obey orders and enforce laws regardless of the legality or constitutionality of those laws/ order.

dkf, Grumpy_old_man and hogship like this.
  13. hogship

Yes, but you do acknowledge that cops have a conscience.......so, any reasonable person, at some point, will understand that some cops, maybe not all, but some will refuse to obey orders from an oppressive source, or against the COTUS. They are not automatons, or machines......they are human......so, even though those who oppress may have little conception of just how far they can go, the cops, themselves, or many of them, know there is a point where they will not obey an order.......:fred:

14. rangerjd

rangerjd

Washington state is putting in a 10 or 15 round magazine law, still up in the air which one they'll choose. also talking about a ban on all semiautomatic rifles, yes even 10/22s.

15. First shot

First shot

I agree as he’s been a disappointment before...It always seems to end up as a roll of the dice my friend...

rangerjd and hogship like this.
  16. Nutty Professor 188

Nutty Professor 188 Patrol Corporal

I know it's fiction, but you should really read "One Year After" by William Forstchen.
    It is the sequel to "One Second After" (the book about America destroyed by an EMP burst).
    It really brings home the chill of a tyrannical domestic government and the need for the 2nd Amendment.

17. cbetts1

cbetts1

There was a school shooter that used a 10/22. They will refer to that. A pump shotgun and revolver have also been used. The will wait to get the semi autos before they bring that up as a reason to get rid of pumps, pistols and revolvers.

rangerjd and BOOSTED12A like this.