Police arrest Tacoma woman accused of setting five patrol cars on fire

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by B C, Jun 12, 2020.

1. B C

B C

She was a missing person from Texas.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/po...g-seattle-protest/RXCU2LUR2NG77CEFKTLLIY5M6I/

A 25-year-old Tacoma woman was arrested Thursday morning on five federal counts of arson after police say she burned five Seattle police vehicles on fire as protests turned violent in downtown Seattle on May 30.

U.S. Attorney Brian T. Moran said in a news release that Margaret Aislinn Channon was taken into custody without incident at her Tacoma home.

“This defendant was captured by multiple cameras using an accelerant, lit like a blowtorch, to start fires in five vehicles -- putting the public at risk and creating the very real possibility of a structure fire amidst the throng of people protesting downtown,” Moran said in a news release. “I commend the painstaking work of law enforcement using a variety of images to identify the defendant and locate her so she can be held accountable.”

image.jpg

Attached Files:

Intolerant likes this.
  2. spork

spork Caffeinator

The upside is that she is facing federal charges, so I would like to think that she will spend many years behind bars.

Cambo, Cubdriver, larry_minn and 3 others like this.

3. Deltic

Deltic

I would like to think that she will also have to pay for all five cars. For a felon who can't get most good jobs that should take her until she is 65.

4. Intolerant

Intolerant

Sterilize it, that way it cant reproduce!

B C likes this.