Police appreciation movement starting, need GTers help

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by rlewpolar, Jun 15, 2020.

1. rlewpolar

rlewpolar

A few very smart buddies of mine (Jewish lawyers, what else) were trying to figure out what could they possibly do to counter the BLM lunacy and to try to change the media narrative a bit. One of them delivered a few pizzas to a local police department, just out of appreciation for what they do and the cops in his town were genuinely shocked and appreciative. We want to try this on a large scale. I’m enclosing some informational text from one of the guys who is taking the lead on the media end of it. He has quite a bit of experience with media relations as a trial lawyer and is looking for some names of people who would be willing to simply buy a few pies and drop them off to a local precinct. It’s literally a 5 minute in and out thing. It would be great if we could get a number of people in different states to do this and to spread the word. I figured this is the perfect group of people to start the ball rolling.

Here is some info below:

Dear Friends,

The PAP (Police Appreciation Pizza) campaign is underway.
    Several of you have brought or had pizzas delivered to your local police stations/precincts. BRAVO!!
    More stations are going to receive theirs shortly.

I will be contacting one or more news organizations very shortly telling them that a non-political, healing campaign ”One Slice at a Time” is underway and growing rapidly in several cities.

Our goal is to create a grass roots “counter wave” to the horrible wave of anti-police sentiment that we have all witnessed tsunami -like over the last three weeks. Time for a change in direction. The Media loves the swing of the pendulum. Up one day down the next. Rags to riches , riches to rags. It’s been going on since Guttenberg.

Here is what is needed:
    1. We need to bring –in person- not be delivery- pizzas to as many police stations as possible ( to impress the press with the sheer numbers!) When you make your small token of appreciation “ONE SLICE AT A TIME”** see if you can have someone take a photo of you giving the pizzas to the individual police officer or clerk. Try to capture appreciation and the smiling or at least non-somber heart- felt connection.
    2. For all of you who are willing I will tell the reporter(s) that I speak to that I have a list of names of like-minded people all over the state that spontaneously and by email threads have done the same, i.e., brought a pizza of appreciation to their local station
    3. I know how this works( I’m sorry if I sound like I am tooting my own horn but I have had local and national press coverage on my cases) . The reporter will automatically call you ( to fill out their story and verify the numbers of this grass roots movement so as to justify this story’s newsworthiness) and get a sound bite from many of you.
    a. You can expect the following question “Mr. Smith, what motivated you to buy pizzas for your police? And/or “Why now?”
    b. Answer: “ With all the destruction I was seeing I wanted to do something POSITIVE, it was time for the healing to begin”; “without taking sides” “better to light a candle than curse the darkness”, etc.----- 0r whatever words seem authentic to each of you individually - this is not a SCRIPT. Speak from your heart.
    c. Reporters love ( really love) when you can give them their story on a silver platter. Ergo- Make their day--be prepared to give them the name and phone number of the representative/ police officer or clerk YOU DELIVERED THE PIZZAS TO. They will automatically call them to get their take, i.e., ”Officer Jones how did you feel upon receiving this outpouring of support? Answer “We were really touched that members of our community reached out to us like this and are treating us as humans too”. “ This is a very difficult time for us and we really appreciate the support shown”.
    4. This story can really write itself. Truth be told I and many of you could write this story right now for the reporter. They love names and contact info. You can tell them that your best friend in Cleveland did the same just yesterday….!! Tell them you’ve received inquiries from others asking how they too might help!
    5. We have a short time window. No one knows when this story will fade but no story lasts forever. I’d like to get a press release followed by my initial contact in the next 2-3 days!
    6. Pass this along to as many people in as many cities and states as you can. Ask them to walk over a pizza.

If you are interested in doing this, PM me your name, the state you are in, the police precinct you will be making a delivery to, and a contact person in the police department you left the pizzas with (if possible). I will pass this info on to my friend who will get the info into a press release. No guarantees that your individual name will make it into the media, but aggregate info will surely be helpful in making this snowball.

Let’s do this. I’m tired of cursing the darkness and howling at the moon. If you have any additional thoughts or suggestions, feel free to post them below. Much thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DNA, GSX42, orangejeep06 and 5 others like this.
  2. tarpleyg

tarpleyg

I have always figured if I was a public official and someone brought us food, I may not eat it. Lots of whackos out there would put bodily fluids or some other nasty crap in it (or worse).

GSX42, LV3, Joshhtn and 17 others like this.

3. nerr

nerr

unfortunately, i'd be suspicious of anything brought or sent by someone I did not know.

Good sentiment, though. Don't give up figuring something out.

There was another thread on here recently where someone asked how to show support. A few answers like giving to police-sponsored, long-existing organizations and contacting your police to tell them of a good thing a cop did.

TBO, Bus007, Ay Dios Mio and 2 others like this.
  4. Gonzoso

Gonzoso

I wouldn't accept food sent to me from strangers like that.

5. Trench Sweeper

Trench Sweeper On the day of your birth death began stalking you

KY where the taxes are as high as half the people
    I am going to agree with what has already been said. I may not be rude and send them packing with it but no one would eat it. It would all go into the trash as soon as they walked away.

6. Dukeboy01

Dukeboy01 Pretty Ladies!

A workaround to the suspicion of tainted food is to coordinate with either the police union ( FOP, PBA) or, if your municipality has a Citizens' Police Academy, the CPA Alumni Association.

Coordinated efforts with one of those kind of organizations will ensure that officers will enjoy or appreciate the gesture.

Every so often some most likely well- meaning person would drop off a pan of homemade brownies or cookies at headquarters unnanounced. Those were left for the dispatchers and records people to eat first.

TBO, faceplant, RenoF250 and 2 others like this.
  7. DAKA

DAKA

"These days", I think the Police would be suspicious of any food, too many "nutcases" out there.
    Maybe if you could arrange for one of the local "food trucks" to make a stop and invite the cops it could work... probably only in small communities....(city people are naturally more suspicious)

TBO likes this.
  8. Ghost doctor

Ghost doctor N.R.A life member. G.O.A member

Hey, i got an idea, let's feed it to our dispatchers and records people, if it don't kill them then it must be ok for us !! How effed up is that?

nrajeff likes this.
  9. RPK Clone

RPK Clone

A few years ago on Thanksgiving, I took a boatload of bagels and different toppings to my local State Police barracks and they seemed to love it. I'm not so sure I'd do It now with the craziness.
    Why dont we ask some of our cop members to chime in. What would you guys like to see for regular citizens to show support?

Ghost doctor likes this.
  10. illrooster132

illrooster132

I'm down with the sickness!!!. I will get the info from stepsons' office and will provide it later on.

11. NMG26

NMG26

I like the premise of showing appreciation to offset BLM.............glad it is incubating in my mind

nrajeff likes this.
  12. DAKA

DAKA

Would you have a SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL POLICE bumper sticker on your cat these days?
    (much as you'd like to)

nrajeff likes this.
  13. Tvov

Tvov

I always figure gift cards for local convenience stores ... yes, and donut shops.

14. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

Better idea would be to give them gift cards to the nearest pizza place.

15. Timotheous46

Timotheous46

Go to your favorite pizza place and get a gift certificate for local police station.

Ghost doctor, MB-G26 and redrick like this.
  16. vikingsoftpaw

vikingsoftpaw DEPLORABLE ME!

Your smart Jewish friends would do well to work against the wave of victim culture they have started. Marxism and its close cousin, critical theory are the current underpinnings of the left are firmly rooted in the liberal arts sections contemporary universities. That stuff needs to be stopped and uprooted.

Ay Dios Mio likes this.
  17. Adjuster

Adjuster

Uh thats a no from me dawg!

/

18. Adjuster

Adjuster

On numerous occasions I have had family, friends, neighbors show up unannounced with food offerings. I politely accept, dump it down the disposal when they are not looking and tell them how good it was when I return their plate/container.

/

Doc Holliday likes this.
  19. G26-Has-my-6

G26-Has-my-6

^
    ^
    this

20. Trench Sweeper

Trench Sweeper On the day of your birth death began stalking you

KY where the taxes are as high as half the people
    Either of these would be good

Ghost doctor likes this.