Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An excellent novel that kept me interested and guessing throughout. Written in 1993, it is the novel upon which the film SHOOTER was based. It tells the story of lonesome former sniper Bob Lee Swagger and the web of betrayal in which he becomes entangled. Even if your not a big thriller fan, the firearm content will keep you entertained. I won't divulge any more, but I highly recommend this clever thriller.

·
INFRINGED
42,213 Posts
There are a lot of them. Some even feature his Father Earl. I loved Hot Springs, and laughed my ass off when Earl put his fist in Bugsy Segal's face.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I borrowed both Black Light and Time To Hunt at the library and bought a used copy of Point Of Impact, although I already read it, and The Master Sniper, which isn't a Swagger novel but still by Stephen Hunter.

·
Registered
207 Posts
The carryover character from Master was the assistant to the main character American soldier. He had a small part in Havana as a CIA guy.

·
swollen member
188 Posts
point of impact is a great book, very well written and great gun technical knowledge

dirty white boys is good too

·
Registered
43 Posts
wasn't guy in Havana-part of team in Warm Springs--who set them up --also has link with Bob Lee in Vietnam [case off..-c.i.a]--great books--book was lot better then movie[shooter]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Been trying to use the search function and found this thread. I'm trying to verify that the special edition Winchester Pre '64 Model 70 rifles referred to in this book as the Ten Black Kings are just a work of fiction. I've Googled, Dogpiled, etc. and don't see anything conclusive.

Any help?

·
Halal Pork
470 Posts
An excellent novel that kept me interested and guessing throughout. Written in 1993, it is the novel upon which the film SHOOTER was based. It tells the story of lonesome former sniper Bob Lee Swagger and the web of betrayal in which he becomes entangled. Even if your not a big thriller fan, the firearm content will keep you entertained. I won't divulge any more, but I highly recommend this clever thriller.
I read that a long time ago and remember enjoying it. A real page turner. By the same author, I also enjoyed Dirty White Boys. He wrote one or two others with the same characters--Black Light maybe?--I didn't like as much.

·
Southern Gent
166 Posts
This is one of my all time favorite books. It's like gravy for the brain. I actually narrated an unabridged audiobook version of this novel myself, since a professional one doesn't exsist. I made it a long ways too (didn't finish. You realize how many tapes are required to do this?). It was narrated at night on an old tape recorder with me whispering so as to not wake the family. Late nights after work. I like all of the sequels that were spawned off this novel but this one, Point of Impact, is where it all began. If you haven't read this. Do. Right now. That is all... :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts