Pocket Pro II Shot Timer Question

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by BillG174, Jun 5, 2020.

1. BillG174

BillG174

Last week I purchased a Competition Electronics Pocket Pro II Shot Timer. I called the company this afternoon with my question but they had already closed. Maybe someone on DC can help me.

I have taken the shot timer to my indoor range twice to try it out. Today I set the Par time to 5 seconds. As I understand it, after the starting beep the shot timer will recognize and record the shots for 5 seconds then it will stop. Is this correct or incorrect?

Today after the 5 seconds was over and I stopped shooting the shot timer continued to recognize and record shots from other people shooting for a very long time. Is this normal? At the end of the Par time shouldn't the shot timer stop recording shots?

My indoor range has 8 lanes side by side. The shot timer sensitivity is set to factory default. I will have to determine if gun fire in the adjacent lanes are causing false shot readings.

Thanks!

2. willie_pete

willie_pete NRA Life Member

No, setting a par time only sets another beep when the par time has elapsed. It will still record shots according to mic sensitivity.

Try setting the sensitivity down until it doesn't hear the other shots across the lanes.

3. BillG174

BillG174

Thanks willie_pete

willie_pete likes this.
  4. collim1

collim1

I have the same timer. Willie Pete is correct.

A busy indoor range can make it much more difficult to use the timer. Sometimes turning the sensitivity down isn’t enough. It works much better outside.

willie_pete likes this.
  5. willie_pete

willie_pete NRA Life Member

Your welcome.

We use those timers in our outdoor matches. If the sensitivity is set much off of low; they will sometimes catch a shot in another outdoor bay.

I would set an indoor timer as low as it will go.