Pocket holster G27 + CT laserguard?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by sunfish, Feb 22, 2018.

1. sunfish

sunfish

Striking out to find a leather holster
    and have contacted over 12 now,
    some referred by helpers on this forum.

I know Blade Tech often couples a plastic one with a CT (Crimson Trace) guard
    e.g. LL-810-HBT coming out as a pair in March (was Jan then Feb)
    or LG-801-HBT (S&W)
    but these are IWB to be modified by taking clip off, making cuts, adding stickies + the plastic ... ugh.

Now spoiled by PCS leather no see ums tailored for S&W442/RugerLCR357, everything else seems to be throwaways like Mike's & Super Flies

SOMEONE out there has one that meets these needs, must be!

2. sunfish

sunfish

WOW a month later and no help?
    March 2018 brought a new CT laserguard w/light this time LL-810 to G27/33 FINALLY and so now we wait again for the Blade-Tech plastic IWB holster to appear that always fits like a glove & can be modified for pocket carry. I prefer long lasting leather that doesn't allow gun to fall out when in odd positions, thank you. Have been spoiled by Mike @ PCS holsters but he's got no molds for this combo, too busy to pursue the laserguard market.

The only solution I can offer now is pictured, a SwapRig ordered for a MOD.2 w/laserguard, guaranteed to fit that seems to "fit anything" ... so long as you finish molding it to gun/laser, drilling new holes to displace two screws in tailoring it.

This possibility began with a simply long SS screw in one of the predrilled holes, but holster customer support had better instructions, also shown with all 4 screws secured.

The only tweaking will be the black plastic "tail" to fit into pocket, which can be removed or have its longer sister replace it but the idea of trimming this or drilling through customer support doesn't like.

Got something better? Am interested!

G27LL810_SwapRig (2).JPG G27LL810_SwapRig (3).JPG GLOCK 27 LL 807G.jpg Order.jpg SwapRigModifiedG27CT (1).JPG SwapRigModifiedG27CT (2).JPG G27LL810_SwapRig (2).JPG G27LL810_SwapRig (3).JPG GLOCK 27 LL 807G.jpg Order.jpg SwapRigModifiedG27CT (1).JPG SwapRigModifiedG27CT (2).JPG

3. sunfish

sunfish

Final Pocket carry result:

Mfr customer help suggested no plastic tail (issued short & long adjustable ones) for pocket carry + to others, do not drill nor trim these.

Other holsters are made smooth side in, rough side out for pocket carry + makes sense + seen Velcro hooks (not loops) stuck to ultra smooth/plastic holsters like Blade-Tech or even SuperFly when lost their "sticky".

The break in period continues ....

Attached Files:

4. 1canvas

1canvas

I know people pocket carry them but with that holster you must have some mighty large pockets.

5. sunfish

sunfish

First Tactical pants
    https://www.firsttactical.com/collections/pants-men
    Made a choice between Dockers/Slacks & their increasingly stinginess in pocket volumes each year = smaller guns/protection
    and better protection, change of pants.

Even if we tabled today guns/carry capacities as pants criteria - from what i know now - I would choose First Tactical pants over those mentioned & their competition. I just wasn't forced to shop outside the box until a few years ago. Enough pockets to finally be organized, whatever, whenever I need to be; some versions more pockets than I know what to do with.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018