close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pocket guns, or close to them...?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by modestglock26, Mar 2, 2010.

1. modestglock26

modestglock26 sleep w/ a gun

I've never been a pocket gun fan.

Sadly, carrying something larger just isn't always an option.

Recently I've scaled down the overall size of my collection, and the physical size of the sidearms that it consists of.

One that I recently added is a Kahr MK40. It's a solid chunk of metal, and a great shooter. I've really liked how small it is, and for its size I shoot it very well. That being said, I think it is a little too much for pocket carry.

I've been looking into the SIG p238 lately and I know there have been what seems like a ton of issues with them, but lately I've seen some very happy customers. Almost as if SIG pulled their heads out of their asses and made things right...

With that being said, would anyone here care to enlighten me as to why it would be a very good, or very bad idea to trade my MK40 for a p238?

Figure each gun comes with 2 mags and nightsights...

I'm torn, but not really due to any caliber concerns, mostly just because of the reliability concerns.

2. uhlawpup

uhlawpup Gentle Soul

I have been almost exclusively pocket carrying for years. I've tried everything from the Kel-Tec P32 and P3AT, Smith J-frames, even a Polish P64.

I now have a Sig P238 for my daily carry, and I really like it. It's a good, dependable gun, fits my hand well, is quite accurate, and amazingly dependable. The only modification I did was add aluminum grips, for feel as well as aesthetics.

I've scored a few extra magazines. (Colt mustang magazines are an exact match.) And I have a Accumold belt holster for the one day a year we can wear a jacket here in Houston.

Take a look at the P238. I think you'll wind up buying one.