Pocket gun or pocket knife

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by darwin25, Nov 16, 2005.

1. darwin25

darwin25 Make your move

Which would you guys prefer to carry for those days that you just cant carry your regular compact or full size gun. Or just for daily wear. A pocket gun or a pocket knife? I only have a pocket knife right now. A S&W combat folder. But Im thinking of getting a pocket gun for daily wear. I'm leaning towards the small NAA miniguns or a Bersa .380.

For close range work inside a passenger jeep or a bus, which do you guys think is better? I sometimes leave my car at the office to be my GF's driver and had to take a commute to get back, sometimes at wee hours of the night.

2. 9MX

9MX Rei!

assuming ptc is allowed, i'd like a g26. but since its not, its gotta be my surefire e2d:cool:

3. Valor1

Valor1 Range Bum

Given a choice, I'll take on a pocket gun (like a glock 26, snubnose revolver, bersa 380, etc.). Bago nya maagaw sa akin, may chance pa akong pumutok. lalo na kung maliit ang space (jeep or bus) to maneuver. Pero eto solve ang issue ng knife and gun to tote around.

[​IMG]

4. horge

horge -=-=-=-=- Lifetime Member

You don't bring a knife to a gunfight :)

The BERSA Thunder 380 is a little too big to be called 'pocket gun'. You're better served by the KelTec P3AT or the NAA Guardian 380.
    Depending on how big you are and your dressing habits, (and your
    tolerance of DA triggerpulls) I think the best deal would be a small
    5 or 6 shot snubbie in .357 magnum.

:)

5. mikey177

mikey177 Remember

By pocket gun, do you mean a gun that will be carried in either the front or rear pants pocket?

If this is the case, I would prefer a large fixed blade knife in the back pocket. For the confines of a jeepney, I opt for a fixed blade since I want to be able to attain a fighting grip on the knife ASAP. I don't know how many seconds I have to act before the BG is upon me, so the fixed blade would trump the folding knife here.

Try accessing a pocket gun while seated and compare the time it takes you to draw and fire to the time it takes you to draw a knife and slash/stab.

Of course, given that jeepney robberies are usually carried out by packs of thieves instead of lone robbers, and given that they will be at varying distances that may be out of range for the knife, then the gun would certainly be preferable against multiple ranged assailants.

Whatever you choose to carry, practice with it the way you are likely to use it. Practice drawing while seated. If you are into airsoft, you could get some trusted friends to simulate the space parameters of a jeepney to give you a better idea of how hard it is to access a weapon when you are squeezed between commuters both at your sides and in front of you.

6. Allegra

Allegra

I'd go with pepper spray and knife
    Sarap siguro nyan sa jeep hehe

7. darwin25

darwin25 Make your move

lalo na pag umaandar at high speed yung jeep at medyo nasa likod ako ng jeep. Hilig ko pa naman sa pinakadulo sa likod. Pati ako sapul ng pepper spray;f

8. 3kings

3kings SalingPusa

me i will just pray that we all be delivered from the situtation safely. tutal pera mapagtratrabahuhan.

mahirap na kung may gun or bladed weapon ka, maunahan mo may kaso ka pa, tapos 14yrs pa yung kaso. naku po!

9. darwin25

darwin25 Make your move

Ako din naman sir e. Pera lang yan. I just want to be ready for those f@*k up scenarios when things go terribly wrong.

10. Allegra

Allegra

Of course, thats why I also took up running hehe it's my fave self defense tech

11. JEZZZ

JEZZZ

if i have the financial capability, i will carry both - a blade and a pocket gun. id rather have a small revolver, with black talon bullets loaded in it. once the bad guy comes up, put holes in the chest and get out of the scene. no shell, no finger prints, and hoping no witness will stand up for the BG... the result, one BG erradicated and as for myself,am drinking mango juice in the beach under the moonlight. hehehe, as they always say "easier said than done". ;f ;f ;f

12. charlie-xray

charlie-xray Gunpowder Adik

I'd rather KILL a BG then be KILLED as simple as that.

Pero mas preferred ko yata ang neck knife, para wala ring hassle pagpasok-pasok ng malls and tuck-out shirt para madali ang access.

13. asian_glockster

asian_glockster Hook Up!!!!!!!!

I USED to carry a glock 19 IWB, a small pocketknife and my surefire G2 nitrolon flashlight. For my needs, I am quite content with my glock.

Since my glock is currently out of commission, I have to content with my full size 1911 hicap 45. I use a belt bag when carrying my 45. Naninibago nga ako eh.

14. cebuboy

cebuboy toy soldier

a tactical light and a good knife is what i carry with me most of the time im outdoors:) the light could buy you some time during nightime, and the knife is definetely better than nails;f

15. antediluvianist

antediluvianist

I use a large driver - 200+ lbs. - who carries a knife. No need to have a ptc for a driver. Have taken him shooting too, but for the moment he's just a knife guy.

16. MR_BIG

MR_BIG

imagine someone 6ft, 250lbs, who can bench more than his own weight, can squat 400lbs for 6 and can leg press 750lbs for 4.....tsk tsk tsk...

17. Allegra

Allegra

I dont think I can afford to feed drivers that large :)

Ako nalang kakain nun! :) ganyan din ako kalaki eh

18. fullauto

fullauto

i always carry a knife, spyderco or cold steel . . . w/ or w/out my glock . . . ;f

syempre safely hidden from frisking but easy to draw din in case u know what . . . ;)