Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have found that my 43 X inside a Kydex holster carries perfectly in a pocket ( jeans or khakis ), as long as the pocket is deep enough of course. I have a kydex holster that I removed the paddle from and voila, perfect fit. And because the sweat guard rises just a hair above the back of the slide, quick and easy drawing is not a problem as I can simply place my thumb in the top of the sweat guard for leverage to pull with my hand. The only question is should carrying like that in hot weather be a concern? I sweat a ton in the hotter months and don't want to keep my gun in a continuous sweat box if you will. This may sound like a trivial question but I didn't think it would hurt to ask.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
You just need to perform PM more then normal. I have the same problem to a lesser degree, and a Glock pistol can take the abuse much better then most. G43 in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster. Works good provided you have clothing w/ big pockets.
But again, perform PM(Preventive Maintenance) as needed. Daily if necessary. Stay safe.:D

·
Premium Member
5,194 Posts
That would never work as a pocket gun for me (way too large), but if it works for you, that is great!

I wouldn't worry about the sweat. I would make it a point to wipe down the gun more often. Some may have lube/protect suggestions, and something like Eezox or others may add a layer of protection, but the nitriding should offer most of the protection you need. While Glock's may not be quite as robust with the gas nitriding as they were with immersion, it is still a good metal treatment, and if evenly applied should keep your gun rust free with reasonable wipe downs.

Good luck!

·
Registered
14,434 Posts
So I have found that my 43 X inside a Kydex holster carries perfectly in a pocket ( jeans or khakis ), as long as the pocket is deep enough of course. I have a kydex holster that I removed the paddle from and voila, perfect fit. And because the sweat guard rises just a hair above the back of the slide, quick and easy drawing is not a problem as I can simply place my thumb in the top of the sweat guard for leverage to pull with my hand. The only question is should carrying like that in hot weather be a concern? I sweat a ton in the hotter months and don't want to keep my gun in a continuous sweat box if you will. This may sound like a trivial question but I didn't think it would hurt to ask.
My 27 rides in my pocket every day, here in FL where it's always hot and humid, with no issues. If you are concerned, give the exterior of the slide a wipe down with some CLP a couple of times a week.

·
Registered
30,307 Posts
I have to pocket carry because I wear Dickie's coveralls all the time.
I pocket carry a Crimson Trace green laser equipped SIG P938 9mm, in a home made holster. A excellent, reliable pistol.

SIG P938 .JPG

Although the butt can be seen, with people carrying all kinds of phones/junk in their pockets now a days, even if someone did notice the gun butt they would probably think it was just a phone/etc.

SIG P938 in Dickies pocket.JPG

·
Registered
4,472 Posts
I see no problem with a G43 for pocket carry, although I'll admit I too prefer a 642. Just remember to pull your holster our of your pocket, then place the pistol in the holster, then stick both into your pocket, don't just slide the gun into the holster in your pocket. Stay safe!

·
Registered
553 Posts
I carry a Sig P365 in a pocket holster quite a bit, especially when I'm mowing the grass or working outside. I definitely get sweaty. I do wipe it down with an oily rag afterwards [unless I forget] and regularly field strip it. Because I don't carry enough ammo for a sustained firefight, I keep the internals relatively dry until I go to the range. The outside is pretty oily though.

·
Just lack finishing up
4,213 Posts
I have to pocket carry because I wear Dickie's coveralls all the time.
I pocket carry a Crimson Trace green laser equipped SIG P938 9mm, in a home made holster. A excellent, reliable pistol.

View attachment 751406

Although the butt can be seen, with people carrying all kinds of phones/junk in their pockets now a days, even if someone did notice the gun butt they would probably think it was just a phone/etc.

View attachment 751408
M2, how deep are those front pockets and how do you keep your clothes off the floor when you have to sit on the commode?

·
Banned
547 Posts
I wouldn't take a risk to pocket carry, unless it's a snub nose revolver.

·
Registered
30,307 Posts
M2, how deep are those front pockets and how do you keep your clothes off the floor when you have to sit on the commode?
The front pockets are about 7 inches deep and the Sig is 6 1/4 inches long.

The same as wearing Jeans.
You just pull the jeans or coveralls down to your knees.
Belt carry, or pocket carry, you do whatever you need to do with the gun.

·
Registered
30,307 Posts
I wouldn't take a risk to pocket carry, unless it's a snub nose revolver.
Why?
Belt carry, or pocket carry, neither gun is going to fire unless the trigger is pulled, and the semi auto has a thumb safety.
I carry "clocked and locked".

I'd never carry a "defense" gun like this, but the semi auto's chamber could be empty when carrying.

·
Values. Can't be bought.
13,164 Posts
I try to avoid pooping when carrying, unless someone is shooting at me. :)

·
Registered
30,307 Posts
If I had to pocket carry, I'd use the 42.
I bought three G42's when they first came out
Equipped one with a Crimson Trace laser for pocket carry.

IMG_4139.JPG

The G42 sits plenty low in my front pocket.

IMG_4127.JPG

But the G42s proved way too unreliable for a defense gun.
So they are just paper punches now.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts