Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
I know some old-timers that still cary a kerchief. I like the idea, but a part of me thinks it's gross.
I never leave home w/o one.

Twice used one in a medical emergency: (1) to stop the bleeding of a friend's headwound after he fell off a ladder -- then jammed it between his teeth when he went into a grand mal seizure; and (2) to clear the airway of a neighbor on whom my dad and I performed CPR. (Both lived; neither complained.)

Sometimes I'll even carry a spare (mostly to funerals where Mrs. MAG40 or some other lady finds herself in need).

A friend who attended my Mother's funeral said it looked like we had choreagraphed it when, after the soloist sang Ave Maria, my six brothers and I simultaneously leaned slightly to the left, withdrew our handkerchiefs from our rear right pockets, blew our noses, leaned slightly to the left, and returned them to our pockets. (All of us laughed hard after hearing that.)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Just wanted to let you know: I don’t think leather man makes the Squirt any more :(

I bought a few a while back because I find theres gear that I like and then ususly it gets discontinued

the Squirt is what I usually carry when I’m hiking.
You can get them on amazon still. Not much of a color choice but they are available. I use the squirt w wire stripper often (ES4). Them are hard to come by now a days.

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
back left: phone. front left: keys, change. front right: knife. back right: wallet. gun/mag AIWB.

I used to carry two knives, flashlights, etc. got tired of feeling like I was at work when at home. screw that. if I know I will be out past dark, I'll grab a light and throw it in the jeep. I forgot, I carry (2) spare contacts in my pants/shorts dope pocket every day. those buggers enjoy popping out.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 · (Edited)
back left: phone. front left: keys, change. front right: knife. back right: wallet. gun/mag AIWB.

I used to carry two knives, flashlights, etc. got tired of feeling like I was at work when at home. screw that. if I know I will be out past dark, I'll grab a light and throw it in the jeep. I forgot, I carry (2) spare contacts in my pants/shorts dope pocket every day. those buggers enjoy popping out.
I hear ya'. But, I find myself needing a flashlight in the dang daytime A LOT 🤣

·
Registered
9,218 Posts
I hear ya'. But, I find myself needing a flashlight in the dang daytime A LOT 🤣
Yeah my little micro stream is the most used piece of my “EDC”, day or night.

Reactions: kahrcarrier
81 - 87 of 87 Posts