Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Nerd
2,218 Posts
Most of my career as electrical engineer I pocket carried a screwdriver, flashlight, and rag. Nothing else. Now that I’m retired, it’s usually a p32, and nothing else. I sometimes miss having the rag. Keys and wallet always in jacket or desk, never in pants pocketo

·
Registered
9,230 Posts
Most of my career as electrical engineer I pocket carried a screwdriver, flashlight, and rag. Nothing else. Now that I’m retired, it’s usually a p32, and nothing else. I sometimes miss having the rag. Keys and wallet always in jacket or desk, never on me.
When our state had a stupid mask mandate I started carrying a bandanna. I stopped after the mandate did, but I do kinda miss it. Been thinking I should consider a hankercheif as a daily carry, I do have a back pocket completely empty

Reactions: bloodysunday

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
When our state had a stupid mask mandate I started carrying a bandanna. I stopped after the mandate did, but I do kinda miss it. Been thinking I should consider a hankercheif as a daily carry, I do have a back pocket completely empty
I know some old-timers that still cary a kerchief. I like the idea, but a part of me thinks it's gross.

·
Registered
9,230 Posts
I know some old-timers that still cary a kerchief. I like the idea, but a part of me thinks it's gross.
with as often as I have to use a sleeve or part of my shirt to wipe one of my kids noses or face it seems less gross these days.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
with as often as I have to use a sleeve or part of my shirt to wipe one of my kids noses or face it seems less gross these days.
Yeah, I have four kids under seven, and we always have wet wipes or cloth burp cloths handy

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
When I was in the Army they gave me a uniform with TEN pockets and only let me use TWO of them.

When I worked as a security guard they issued me Tru Spec cargo pants with a phone pocket in them AND they let me use the pockets.

Now I'm retired I wear Wrangler Cargos with the phone pocket and have at most two things in each pocket except the back pockets

·
Registered
8,555 Posts
You already carry a spare mag, so you know the importance of having a backup. So why not even a micro flashlight? The light on your phone is essentially just a flash, and it kills your battery.
It will take hours to kill my cell phone battery.. I ain't worried about it. Now if I go hiking.. I have a vest with a bunch of stuff, but around town?? No.

·
21,152 Posts
I pack a pistol, one spare mag, wallet, car keys, cell phone... and that is it. I don't like stuffing my pockets full of stuff. And I don't wear a watch.. the cell phone is the watch!
I'm like you but with one exception. I have always carried a knife since I was seven years old and back in the fifties and sixties you wouldn't be expelled from school for carrying a pocketknife.

I usually don't have to go very far on foot and I have tools, flashlights,and other gear and emergency supplies in my car.

·
Registered
8,555 Posts
I'm like you but with one exception. I have always carried a knife since I was seven years old and back in the fifties and sixties you wouldn't be expelled from school for carrying a pocketknife.
When I was in the Boy Scouts I got three corners cut off my Totin' Chip......

Knives are too dangerous for me I guess.....

Reactions: Borg Warner

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
I'm a member of an "EDC" group on Fakebeast and it seems that the goal is to carry as much useless crap in an small a space as possible.

Some of these people carry entire miniature socket sets in their pockets. One guy carries twelve knives in a tool roll daily.

THEY
have issues
some people do it for the reactions. Most people don’t carry that stuff with consistency every day. The very small minority that do carry that kinda stuff everyday are “special,” but more power to em’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
I wfh full time...does a robe dump count?

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
I never used to carry a knife or a flashlight, but once I started doing so, I found that I use them both almost daily around the house for opening packages, looking under furniture, inside boxes, etc. Maybe it's a part of getting older (mid 40s) but I find that my eyes didn't used to need as much light as they do, now, so the flashlight gets used quite often.

Of course I always have my phone.

Gun is either an LCP with one or two extra mags (depends on the pants) or an SR9c with one extra 17 round mag.

Wallet, keys, and mask (never need it but bring it just in case) go in pockets if I leave the house.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Handgun holster Gun barrel Tool Wood Fashion accessory

That's about it for me besides the phone I used for the picture. Shield 9 inside a Blackarch holster. Civivi pocket knife (don't know model) I carry different knifes all the time. Zero Foxtrot Zero ****s minimalist wallet. Key for house is w key fob by door.

41 - 60 of 87 Posts