close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pocket 27

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Piston10, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Piston10

Piston10 Member

I ordered a desantis pocket holster last night! Hope it works well for me, I wear cargo shorts almost all year when I'm not at work, so it looks like my best option. I have a bladetech and a nice leather looper OWB for when I wear a jacket or bigger shirt but most of the time I have a t shirt and cargo shorts on.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  2. C0untZer0

C0untZer0

Glock doesn't make a pocket pistol.

If dropping it in cargo pockets counts then the Colt Gold Cup is a pocket pistol too.

3. bulletandgrunt

bulletandgrunt

Which one did you order? I've been debating it myself since in the summer I wear American Eagle cargo shorts. The cargo pockets are kinda big and I was reading the specs on the holsters. Make sure you let us know how it works.

4. Piston10

Piston10 Member

Ordered the desantis nemesis. I will let you know what I think when I get it. Some love it, some don't, think it just depends on what size of person you are and type of short. It looks like it will work for me.

5. whitebread

whitebread ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I carry a 27 in my pocket with a Galco horsehide pocket holster while at work. I wear chinos with pleats and the bulge in my pocket hasn't ever raised any eyebrows. I find non-pleated front pants make it much harder to conceal.

6. 9mm +p+

9mm +p+

Alabama holster co makes a great pocket holster if you can handle the ungodly wait for it, I carry my 26 in one and it works very well. I just love the nancies that say you can't pocket carry this or that, hell I pocket my 19 sometimes in the same holster.

7. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

No substitute for a quality holster worn on a gunbelt for all around carry. Not bad for a trip to the mailbox though.

8. Piston10

Piston10 Member

Agree. It depends on the clothes a person wears. I spend almost year round in cargo shorts and a t shirt. Even in cold days I still do. Always cargo shorts. I have worn pants outside of work twice in the last 6 months. I do have a nice leather OWB holster but just looking for something that works for me without changing all my clothes just to hide the gun when I don't have a jacket on. If it does not work for me then it goes in the pile with the others.

9. fuzzy03cls

fuzzy03cls

The weight is the killer. I pocket carry mine sometimes, not often at all though. Same desantis nemesis pocket holster. Feels like a brick in my pocket.
    [​IMG]

10. Piston10

Piston10 Member

I agree, but to me it's a brick in the pocket or a brick on the hip. I put the it my pocket last night for a bit and it was not bad to me even without the holster. Just moved around a little much and the printing, the holster should help with that. I know I could by a smaller weapon. But don't want to, love my glocks and will deal with the weight issue.

11. Dave Nowlin

Dave Nowlin Fisher of Men

Everybody seems to be an expert. Haircut before last there was a police officer in the chair when I got to the shop. We got to talking and he showed me the G33 in his right front pocket. he had on lose fitting jeans. He was a somewhat big fellow. He said that's the way he usually carries it when off duty. He wasn't even using a holster.

12. DannyII

DannyII

My 26 is my most frequently carried Glock, but I can't imagine pocket carrying it.

Here's a little experiment for you, if you are considering pocket carrying a 26/27.

A loaded 26/27 weighs about 26 ounces. A roll of quarters weighs almost exactly 8 ounces.

The 26/27 is 1.18" in width. A quarter is .955" in diameter.

Tape three rolls of quarters together and walk around all day with it in your pocket. If the bulk, thickness, and weight, all being less than a loaded Glock 26/27 don't bother you, then go for it. If it does, get a nice OWB, IWB, or smartcarry-type holster and learn to dress around it.

13. fuzzy03cls

fuzzy03cls

I carry a G22 not the G27. I only use the G27 as backup these days. But it's different wearing the weight on my hip in a load bearing holster & belt.

14. Dave Nowlin

Dave Nowlin Fisher of Men

I personally use a MIC for my G27 and keep my shirt tail out. It seems to work pretty well. I would definitely recommend anyone doing this get a GAP floorplate. If you don't have a secure grip on the gun you can lose control of it as the holster is being popped off the gun. With the GAP it is a piece of cake.

15. Vince49

Vince49 Aeroscout

16. Piston10

Piston10 Member

17. Topknot

Topknot

I like that holster, Vince. I use a cheap Desantis for G27 pocket carry. I will do so in the summer with cargo shorts for a quick store run, not for extended carry as I don't find it comfortable long term slapping against my leg and weighing down one side.

EDIT: Nope that's not right. I'm getting old and my brain doesn't work anymore! :) I'm thinking of my Desantis pocket holster for my P3AT and Uncle Mikes cheapie for my Colt DS.

Randy from BulldogLeather (GT member) made me a nice leather pocket holster for my G27.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  18. Wurger

Wurger

Nemesis holster works well in cargo shorts for the Glock 27(a little heavy). Levis relaxed fit jeans also work but are harder to draw from.

19. Cream Soda Kid

Cream Soda Kid

I frequently carry a G27 (or my G26) in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster. I almost always wear Wrangler relaxed fit jeans.

It works well for me. After a few months you may find a worn spot developing on your pocket along the slide area of the pistol.

As far as printing goes, as you move sometimes you can see a square-ish shape, but it looks like a wallet. That doesn’t bother me, it may bother you.

20. Piston10

Piston10 Member

That's what I'm hoping for out of it! I don't think it will bother me near as much as trying to shove the thing IWB. I bought a really nice Roper leather holster last night and hated it. Just my personal preference, it was not for me.