close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Poached Eggs

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by Blazen, Oct 5, 2004.

1. Blazen

Blazen B-Lazy

I did this for the 1st time last night...I must say..not bad! They looked funny, but I think doing it a few more times, they will look ok. Damned food network.... LOL ;a

2. BikerGoddess

BikerGoddess Got hairspray?

I have one of the pans - how did you do yours?

Laura

P.S. Don't try ordering them out that way. They're *never* done right, if they even know what you're asking for.

3. SouthernGal

SouthernGal What's Up Dox?

I have one of the pans and it is the easiest, simplest way to do these. Poached eggs are by far my favorite (and I hate eggs anyway).

4. Blazen

Blazen B-Lazy

I have seen the pans for this, but I just took a med size pot and and added about 4 cups of water to it and 1/4 cup of vinger to it. Brough it up to almost a bowl and then dropped in each egg one at a time, no more then 4 at a time. I cracked each egg in to a small bowl and let it slidder into the pot. I took a chop stick to form the whites around the yoke. I had to do this to 1st two eggs I dropped in, the other two, they formed nicely, so I guess the water was not hot enough. ;Q Let it bathe *lol* for 3 to 4 mins and take them out and pat down to dry them up. If you like the yokes to run, I think less time is needed otherwise they harden up some.....

5. SouthernGal

SouthernGal What's Up Dox?

The pans are SO much easier. Once you use one of them, you'll never go back to this.