Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a G19 and G26, but for some reason I have the itch to buy another Glock handgun. It seems like all my handguns are being replaced by Glocks, and I used to hate them with the upmost intensity. They're so plain and block looking, but they work and work well. I wanna get a G17, but can I really justify buying another gun just for two more rounds? I sold off both my XDs, Beretta 92FS, three 1911 pistols, and a Ruger SP101. Is there anyone out there who can help me or is the dark side too strong? HELP...... LOL! :faint:

·
Polymer Butcher
8,097 Posts
Check out the G17 and the G34, stay with the 9mm so you're only buying one caliber, keeps cost down.

Just think of it this way, with all those guns you sold you can buy the glock and still have money left over for a cruise, or an AR-15 or something. :supergrin:

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Please talk me out of a G17 !

Buy yourself the G34 instead.

There, did that do it for you?

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Never sell any pistols!!!

I agree, check out the Glock 34 if y ou already have a Glock 19 and a 26....

Lovely trigger on it, I have a 35!

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll eventually wind up owning all the 9mm Glocks, to have one happy 9mm Glock family.

·
Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer
117,234 Posts
You NEED a Glock 17 in case you ever buy a Keltec Sub2K which takes G17 mags, and/or in case you buy an Advantage Arms .22 conversion kit for the G17, and in case you buy some holsters for the G17 which would have wasted space if you stuffed a lesser Glock in there.

You need it as a nightstand gun because your other Glocks are too small to fumble with in the dark.

You also need it because you stocked up on G17 mags on sale and they don't look right protuding out of those lesser Glocks.

Two more rounds of 9mm might be just right to handle a deadly confrontation, and that might be 2 rounds more than your G19 held. Carrying the G17 instead of the G19 might SAVE YOUR LIFE.

You might get married and your wife might take one of your cute little Glocks.

Also your hands might grow too large to handle the lesser Glocks.

Since I have a G17, I've solved all of those problems.
Now I need a G26 or G19, but can't decide which.
:animlol:

·
Gaff G26 User!
2,392 Posts
Is there anyone out there who can help me or is the dark side too strong? HELP...... LOL! :faint:
The only Glock left for me to purchase is the G34...then I'll have the entire Glock 9mm line.:therapy:There is nothing wrong with you...submit, do not resist.

·
Registered
6,552 Posts
I have a G19 and G26, but for some reason I have the itch to buy another Glock handgun. It seems like all my handguns are being replaced by Glocks, and I used to hate them with the upmost intensity. They're so plain and block looking, but they work and work well. I wanna get a G17, but can I really justify buying another gun just for two more rounds? I sold off both my XDs, Beretta 92FS, three 1911 pistols, and a Ruger SP101. Is there anyone out there who can help me or is the dark side too strong? HELP...... LOL! :faint:
In 1999 I swore I would never own a plastic gun. At a gun show I was searching for something with night sights. I was hoping for a SIG. I came upon a guy with stack of G31's and 32's on his table. The only one with night sights, and the only generation 2 in the stack, was a G31. For the price, and being a .357SIG fan, I couldn't pass it up. I now have 11, down from 14, Glocks. I still love my SIG's and H&K's, but my Glocks share the same area of my heart. :aod: :hearts: Get a G31, a conversion barrel, and a couple of G17 magazines.

·
NRA Life Member
373 Posts
...I wanna get a G17, but can I really justify buying another gun just for two more rounds?...
Justify, shmustify. Don't think of it as only two more rounds. Think of it as expanding your choices of platform in which you can use G18 mags. Speaking of G18 mags, here's a compelling reason to consider adding a G34 too.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
How can you argue against a G17 or pretty much any other Glock?

Maby you should check out the S&W, M&P, or XD forums and use one of their BS excuses? Sorry, that's all I could come up with.

·
Molon Labe
2,605 Posts
I've only owned two Glocks in my life, the first was a G17 and the second is sitting on my home office desk in front of me right now, a factory rebuilt G22 that looks virtually new inside and out. I'll be buying more Glocks, G20/G21/G23/ etc..before Obongo gets his way as dictator of "New South Africa", or McInsane inserts us into his "100 years war" while signing the next AWB.

I bought the G17 for my lady many years ago, but she is a revolver girl and had limp wrist issues with the G17

Me? I loved that G17 and never had a single function problem with it, and could easily empty a full 18 rd load into a 2 inch group with a 25 yard indoor range bullseye coming at me, full speed, starting at 25 yards. I ended up trading that Glock and a mini 14 I didn't want for a German HK91A3 way back before they were a "hot ticket". I prefer single action autos for 9MM, BHPs and M43 Firestars, etc.. but no complaints about the G17, a truly great gun. Buy one :supergrin:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Get a P6 from Sig.

It might be a Good pistol since i am weighting my options on that one. I might get a Glock 23 and P6 at the same time from the dealer that i am doing with.

:)

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
When you point a 17 at a target and then pull the trigger, it generally puts a bullet into what you pointed the pistol at. Now if that were to be a human being, you might kill someone and that would make you a "killer." You don't want to be a killer, do you? No. Leave that to the police. Stick with your bat and dog, and leave the 17 be.

Hope I've helped.

·
Atomic Dawg
1,027 Posts
When folks say "talk me out of it", what they really want is to be convinced they are making the right decision. I don't see how a G17 could be a wrong decision so.....
post pics when you get it!!!!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts