close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Please read the following story

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by M&P Shooter, May 27, 2012.

1. Pierre!

Pierre! NRA Life Member

Yup, I have read of these types of experiences in my past.

The most notable was when a friend of mine was killed by a pearl handled .38 revolver with one shot through the door. He was "stupid drunk" and attempting to enter the wrong house.

Owner shot through the door - 1 shot - and Jamey died on the scene.

Shooter was over 60 years old, and feared for his and his wife's lives according to the news paper article.

That was over 30 years ago.

When you are in the situation, tough decisions are made... The linked article points out how lives can be saved through reason under pressure.

I learned from Jamey's painful lesson...

Patrick

2. FL Airedale

FL Airedale Dog Breath

The only thing I would have done differently is that I'd have my shotgun trained on the door if I had time to get to it. The guy did everything right and maybe he didn't have a shotgun.

I certainly won't shoot through the door. Being drunk and disorderly is not a capital crime.

3. Thx-1138

Thx-1138 NRA Member

Taking someone else's life can be. Which is why castle doctrines exist to protect homeowners when some violent drunk is trying to break down their door.

4. IndianaMatt

IndianaMatt

Dude if you want people to read stuff, you should at least take a minute to type a short description.

5. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

In before the "I would have skipped 911 and shot when he came thru the door. Castle doctrine FTW.". Lol

6. Ohio Cop

Ohio Cop

Glock 22 and IPhone are right next to each other on the night stand. An open ended 911 call will at least get units rolling towards my residence.

7. Kilrain

Kilrain Señor Member

In before the "I would have used my x-ray vision or snuck out the back door and around to the front to observe and 'assess' the threatworthiness of the apparent criminal trying to forcibly enter my residence."

:supergrin:

8. RonS

RonS Millennium Member

Almost happened to a coworker 20+ years ago. He bought a house, moved his family in, cleaned up the crud, got the yard under control and one night a few months later three guys pull through his yard right up to the door in a van and start trying to kick the door in. One round of 12 ga thru the top of the door and they ran. Turns out the house was a former drug house. Pre-mission intelligence failure on the part of the druggies.

9. Flatfoot

Flatfoot

The author did good. Hopefully his children learned a valuable lesson that night.