Please rcommand a holster for G17.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by zoti, Mar 26, 2010.

Tags:
  1. zoti

zoti

I need a holster for a G17. I'm looking for the kind that cilps on your belt but sits Inside your pants.

It's so I can CHL my G17 if I need to. Must be comfortable. Inclde pics if you can.

2. glockkramer

glockkramer

http://rlcompanyusa.stores.yahoo.net/iwbholsters1.html
    You can get clips for your belt with just about any of these from Mr. Tucker.

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/I...efault.aspx?SortField=ProductName,ProductName

This is the crossbreed supertuck that everyone raves about. I'm looking to get one within a couple of months because it's tuckable.

Just remember that a G17 fully loaded is pretty heavy, so you may have some trouble with the clip on method. If you want it rock solid secure, you might want to go with a quality IWB holster that has loops that you run your belt through. It's the only sure fire way to get a heavy gun secure. I have a kydex IWB that has loops for my belt and I'm happy with it for hot weather use. By far the most comfortable is the Kramer #3 IWB (google it) for me and I have two of those in horsehide- they also have loops for the belt to pass through. Good luck :wavey:

3. randyc74

randyc74 Custom Holster Maker

I too feel you would be better served with a holster with belt loops instead of the metel clips. I should also consider a quality gun belt. It makes a world of difference in both comfort and weapon stability.

4. zoti

zoti

But isn't a holster with belt loops hang on the outside of the pants?

I have one of the plastic holster with a release button that hangs on the outside but it is unconcealable. It sticks out.

I'm not concerned about the weight. It's just incase I want to carry. I don't plan to carry all the time.

5. beforeobamabans

beforeobamabans FYPM

6. simmy952

simmy952

K&D make a very nice and comfortable OWB holster. I have 5 of them for various guns that I own. A good belt is also a must.

http://www.kdholsters.com/

7. peteG21

peteG21

Try a Kholster Holter IWB , I've been using one for a 2 years and have no complaints and they are having a special know $39.00 delivered. Great people to deal with.Try this discount code if you order 287519

8. capecodcowboy

capecodcowboy

9. skyrider

skyrider

I don't mean to do a slight thread hijack, but here goes... I have a slender build and can't imagine wearing a Glock inside my waist band. What position do you place an IWB? Maybe I need to research this more, I like the idea of a "better" concealment than I get with a BH Serpa.

10. randyc74

3:30-4:00 o'clock works best for me.

11. randyc74

12. ghilliefool

ghilliefool in the bushes..

If you want to carry your gun like that the only thing that is comfortable for me is clipdraw, i have used their sytem on 3 different Glocks, love them the finish is strong, sometimes I forget there is 2 lbs on my belt

www.clipdraw.com check it out, cheaper than its worth in my opinion

13. Seawolf

Seawolf

Comp Tac, you will thank me later. CTAC IWB best holster I ever owned.

http://www.comp-tac.com/

[​IMG]

or the MTAC, which many like as well.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 27, 2010
  14. ghilliefool

ghilliefool in the bushes..

Comp Tac looks pretty nice....

15. fuzzy03cls

fuzzy03cls

The Crossbreed & Comp Tac are very stable with a heavy gun. The clips spread the load out at each end. I've carry my G17 in my supertuck for hours without a problem. Even my heavy ass Beretta.
    My experience with these belt snaps have been horrible. Anyone I've tried have come undone or allowed the rig to slide on the belt.

16. beforeobamabans

beforeobamabans FYPM

A properly made holster won't do this. The loops are sized to the belt so the first thing is you must wear the width belt the holster is designed for. Second, the high end makers (like Brommeland mentioned above) use "one-way" snaps that simply won't pop off until you lift them from one side.

17. TangoFoxtrot

TangoFoxtrot OIF 04-05

Comp-Tac MTAC is the ticket! I use it to carry a G17 or G23.

18. timbob

timbob

I'm 6' / 155lbs-- slim/fit. I carry a full-size G22 appendix style with a cheap Uncle Mikes 'Inside The Pant' holster and it's extremely comfortable. Standing, sitting, running, driving; not an issue... can draw without a hitch from normal positions.

It mostly has to do with the fit/size of the jeans, belt and how I wear my jeans. I don't imagine everyone can pull this off. I can barely tell its there most of the time.

19. glocksalot

glocksalot

i strongly recommend the crossbreed supertuck...

sometimes its so comfortable that i almost forget im carrying...and i carry a g22 fulltime

20. cha2ga

cha2ga Liberty, SC

I just posted this on the G27 thread so I will repost here.

I am currently carrying a G22 everyday in a Comp-Tac MTAC slide holster. Typically I wear khakis or jeans with a golf shirt or button down long sleeve shirt. This holster is tuckable and I wear the holster all day. If I have to go into an unauthorized carry location, I simply unholster the weapon and it in my vehicle. I wear it at the 3:30-4:00 position and am able to untuck, unholster, place in center console, reholster, retuck all while remaining seated in my vehicle. I am 5'10" and weight 170# with a 34" waist. I holster the weapon even when I leave work for my 1hr lunch break most days. I bought the slide version of this holster because I intend on purchasing the G27 in the immediate future.