Please, make me feel better...

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by MrMunster, Nov 5, 2002.

1. MrMunster

MrMunster

In the past 20+ years, I've missed opening weekend of pheasant/quail season in Iowa 3 times. This year was #3.

Will someone please make me feel better by telling me the bird populations are as bad as last year?

How about an "all I did was take my gun and my dog for a walk" opening weekend story?

Please guys, I'm suffering some serious withdrawal here...;1

2. Michigun

Michigun live free or die

It’s all about priorities my friend, it’s all about priorities…;)

3. mpol777

mpol777 Feral Member

last year was my first year quail hunting and i promised myself i would never miss an opening day. this year i took the day off from work and hunted for about 4 hours in the morning. even if you don't get anything, it's better than work ;f

4. g21glock

g21glock Millennium Member

I know how ya feel though I have never been qual hunting, Iam that way about big game hunting. I dissappear up on the mountain for the 4 day thanksgiving weekend forgoing thanksgiving dinner and all that goes with it. Gets everybody mad at me but tuff doo-doo for them.

As to your withdrawal: Theres always next weekend. Opening day is the fix we hunters wait for all year long, so just get that scatter gun out and give it a nice rub down and assure it that everything will be alright, just a few more days and you'll be able to go out.

Safe shooting and good luck when ya get there.