close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Please look at these pics, need advice.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by BuckeyeBlast, Mar 22, 2010.

1. BuckeyeBlast

BuckeyeBlast

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So, what do you think? Glock too big for me to get a proper grip? If I actually place the backstrap fully in the V of my thumb/index, I can't reach the trigger. So, I've been shooting w/ this modified grip, but think that maybe it's affecting my accuracy and consistancy. :dunno:
    My palm is barely on the backstrap, my thumb kinda hangs on. I have to have a very firm grip in order to be accurate, I believe it's actually too firm to be consistant and as accurate as I could be.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  2. durabo

durabo

would a gen 4 smaller backstrap fix this?

not sure myself because i have a 3rd gen and it fits my hand like a glove.. but id like to help.

other options include grip reductions and such... but thats a little more intense of an option and in my opinion ruins the overall aesthetic.

i wasnt sure if these guns are yours or trying out until you figure out the grip situation, so maybe grip reduction is your only way... or of course the sf models.

on a last note if you figure its not for you ... interested in selling ? :p

3. liljojo4711

liljojo4711

i would stick to the baby glock lol. ur hand barely fits around the other one (34?). u can get an extension for the smaller one too that helps some people with their accuracy on the baby glocks.

4. nostradumass

nostradumass Toten a 36

Have you looked into grip reduction. You could try it on a gun you are sure to keep. Nice guns though.

PS.
    Those are some "follow the yellow brick road hands" sorry couldn't help myself:wavey:

5. BuckeyeBlast

BuckeyeBlast

Well, my grip's the same on both guns, the w/ the 34 I have my hand at a different angle trying to get the pic.
    Selling? Maybe. Gun show this weekend, I'm looking into some Kahrs and not sure what else I may find. I'm not going to trade anything in though because I love both these guns and don't want to trade them in only to find out that the new gun stove pipes every 3rd round.
    I don't know if the new backstrap would help because there is no way to get my finger adequately on the trigger and also have my thumb anywhere near the thumb groove.
    This is also why I don't think a grip reduction would work, because they all seem to be near the bottom of the grip. My problem is the circumfrence of the trigger to upper backstrap.

6. FriscoCHL

FriscoCHL

holy smokes, i had a bad flash back when i read the topic...:rofl:

7. swat220

swat220

[​IMG]
    "I have these tiny hands"

Forgive me, I could not help myself.

8. GreyEclipse

GreyEclipse TheGreyEclipse

Neither of these guns are the guns for you and that is obvious!

9. kda

kda NRA Life Member

I think you need a smaller grip or bigger hands. Not often I'd tell someone not to buy / shoot a Glock but in this case ... with that grip, shooting accurately consistently would be a major accomplishment if you could do it at all.

10. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Sorry about your trouble. I would love to have a 34....No hand problem.

11. Brain Virus

Brain Virus

Keep your booger hook off the bang switch

go with the 26 and get an extension

12. durabo

durabo

grip reduction would solve this, they fill the grip well and thin the backstrap.

where you located? by the word buckeye in your name would it be ohio perchance?

13. BuckeyeBlast

BuckeyeBlast

Thoroughly checked for clear breach and kinda hard to illustrate trigger reach problems with my finger up towards the slide, don't ya think? :tongueout:

Maybe I'll look into the reduction some more. Yeah, I'm in NE Ohio and heading to the Akron Fun Show this weekend. :rock:

14. durabo

durabo

im in cleveland, ill probably be heading there myself, i went to the cuyahoga one last week.

if your thinking of selling that 26 let me know.. send me a pm... id be interested for a decent price!

15. BuckeyeBlast

BuckeyeBlast

I'll keep ya in mind, but I'm not selling anything anytime soon. I've loved these guns and won't get rid of them until I find a suitable and range proven replacement.

Why oh why can't Glock make a single stack 9mm lineup? :crying:

16. BBJones

BBJones

I think you need to move to a single stack gun to get a decent grip. Something like a Kahr K9/P9/CW9. I would think a 1911 with thin grips would still be a little bulky in your hands.

Grip critique: Make sure (whatever you get) you can hold the grip as high as possible. There is a good amount of daylight between the V of your thumb and fore-finger and the beaver tail section of the grip in your G34 picture. I realize you are contorting your hand to get a decent hold of it, but that is not ideal for fast accurate shooting.

17. glocktecher

glocktecher

It makes no sense to buy a pistol only to have to pay more money to make it fit your hand.

There are many others out there that will do better for you without having to spend more money for no reason. M&P, XD, Taurus, Kahr, Ruger sr9.

18. BuckeyeBlast

BuckeyeBlast

My plan is to go to the gun show this weekend and hopefully walk out with a Ruger 22/45 RP and at least one 9mm Kahr... unless I run in to something else I'm not aware of, not a fan of the Walther or anything KelTec or Taurus.

19. PigButtons

PigButtons

I have a G33 and a PM9 and the grip size difference is significant. The Kahr is absolutely reliable "after break in" (200 rounds). The trigger on the Kahr's is not for everyone however. It is long but smooth and has a consistent break. The PM9 is a self defense weapon and not a range gun, at least for most people. With your grip size it may work out perfectly though. They can stand the abuse of lots of rounds but most folks have accuracy problems past 10 to 15 yards though.

20. BuckeyeBlast

BuckeyeBlast

P9, PM9, and P380 (possible replacement for my LCP) are all on my list of outfits to try on.