close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Please Help!

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by specialagent13, Dec 13, 2006.

1. specialagent13

specialagent13

I have 2003 ZX6R Kawasaki ninja and I need help. I bought a brand new battery about 3 months ago and used it a couple of times with it. I let it sit for a while without use because I had to much work and I really could not find time to ride it. Now that I have time, I tried to start it but nothing happen, no lights, no sound, no nothing. "Battery is dead", so I went to my local Wally World and bought a battery charge. I conected but It says that the battery is cfully charged! Could it be the battery, or the bike? I checked the bike's cables and they look alright. Please help. :headscratch:

2. Dandapani

Dandapani

My son's KLR650 had similar problems. Turned out the ground connection to the battery was a little corroded underneath the connector. We took it loose and sanded both the connector and the battery terminal and he was back in business. I was going nuts before we discovered this. Battery had "voltage" but nothing was lighting up.

Check your fuses also. :supergrin:

3. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

I have a dumb question: does the regular battery charger work on moto batteries or do you have to use the moto battery specific ones like Battery Tender or Kissan, etc.?

4. Dandapani

Dandapani

It will work but keep the charging amps down and don't run it too long. My son's battery is 14 AH. We recharged it at 10 amps for 1.5 hours. For overnight charge, use 1 AH.