close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Please help with tough decision!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by cajunhunter, Apr 7, 2010.

1. cajunhunter

cajunhunter

I want to start carring more. I have a G23 and good supply of ammo. I have a Beretta 92 FS and good supply of ammo. I mostly keep the 9mm Beretta for home protection under night stand and take my G23 with me in my truck. I am leaning on a smaller weapon to carry eaiser in shorts and light weight pants. I want to avoid another caliber so those pocket 38s are not an option. So I am leaning hard at a G27 or G26. I know there are pros and cons to staying with the 40 to backup the G23. But I also know that people love the 9mm Glocks and the G26. If I go with the the new weapon I can use the G23 for home protection and more than likely put the Beretta 92 in the safe. What do you guys think I should do? Will I notice in real difference in size and weight going to the baby glock. I am about 5'7" and about 170lb.

2. jdodd

jdodd

The 26 & 27 are fine weapons and as to which you should carry / buy? That's up to you...find a range where you can rent them both and at the end of the sesson compare targets / notes.

I was wavering back and forth on a similar glock purchase...just couldn't decide. Went to the range and rented...that ended it.

/2 cents

-J

3. 1canvas

1canvas

i have a 23 and thought for months about a baby glock and if it would be that much difference in size and weight. i finally bought a 27 and there is a big difference in both, the 27 carries much better. the only draw back was the small grip. i bought the talon grip and it grips so good the grip is no longer an issue. i also ordered a gap floor plate.
    as far as caliber if i were you i would stay with the .40, if for nothing else the 23 mags you can use. if you can handle the .40 why go to a smaller caliber. you can always get conversion barrels for the 27.
    i am sure glad i bought the 27 and been very happy with it.

4. drdriller

drdriller

Go with the G27. I have both G27 and G26, both with GAP plates. I like the G27-shoots well and conceals well. Do yourself a favor, and try the GAP plates form concealablecontrol.com. They make the G27 wasy to shoot, and conceal well.

p.s. my carry gun is the G27.

I forgot to say, I have the G23 and G22 also. The G27 with the GAP plates is MUCH lighter and more easy to conceal.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
  5. mesteve2

mesteve2

2nd if the Gap doesn't do it for you get a .357 sig.

Get the newer better cartages!

:supergrin::supergrin::supergrin::supergrin::supergrin:

6. 3rdgen40

3rdgen40 .45 fanatic

The 27 gets my vote.I would say it's the best carry gun Glock makes.

7. drew4691

drew4691

Kahr PM9. Awesome sights for such a tiny gun (you can go with the PM40 if you want) but never shot the PM40. The PM fits in the pocket, and goes everywhere.

8. cajunhunter

cajunhunter

Thanks, I am going to shoot the g26 and g27 today. I like the floor plates. I am looking at the RM low rider holster and I think either one of these would be ideal. I would have to love the g26 and hate the g27 to go with the g26 for now. Should I wait for those gen 4? Are they out yet? I shoot my g23 pretty good so I don't really think I will have much of an issue with the g27.