close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Please Help This Ruger .22

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by GreyEclipse, Feb 24, 2010.

1. GreyEclipse

GreyEclipse TheGreyEclipse

Sorry if this post is disorganized and retarded, they're playing with the stupid cat behind me and I cant focus at all out of annoyance. Alright, so my fiances dad has a Ruger .22. He likes guns but he never bought any guns besides this .22 and he never bothered cleaning it. Now I have my own Ruger Mk2 and I've field stripped it and cleaned it many, many times BUT his is 25+ years old. His is an older model, its never been cleaned and its been out in his shed for years. So anyways, when I went to clean it I couldn't get the mainspring housing to come out of the gun. I was guessing that maybe because it was so cold it was just having a hard time coming out. Well I said screw it and threw the gun in a bucket of hot water and dish washing liquid. I've never tried that with any of my guns but I've heard of a lot of people doing this and he doesn't really mind so I figured wth, I might as well try it this once. It came out pretty dang clean, well anyways we did all kinds of crap to get the stupid mainspring housing to finally come out and it finally did. I had already taken the grips off so that we could put a torch to the gun, this was her dads idea and his gun so I wasn't complaining, lol. But anyways, UGHCAKBRWWWK her mom is so annoying.
    ALRIGHT SO THEN THE PINS SLIPPED OUT AND the sear and the sear spring fell out. I cant get them back into position HELP ME in detail please! I'm going crazy. Oh, yeah...I finally cleaned the gun and everything is in working order except the sear and sear spring so just help me with fixing that before I lose my ever loving mind with this and her mom, thank you.

2. USMC Ryfleman

USMC Ryfleman Scary Guy

3. deadite

deadite Groovy.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  4. GreyEclipse

Thank you, I've done those but neither the disconnector or the safety touches the sear. I don't get any tension from the sear spring no matter what I do. Of course, I've been told that I could drop the sear and sear spring in while the rest of the guts were inside the gun but I think I'm going to have to take the rest of the gun apart. Not to mention I can't get the hammer pivot pin or the trigger pivot pin to come out.

5. deadite

deadite Groovy.

I wish you lived next door. I could do it for you in 3 minutes.

My only suggestion is to take it down again and start from the beginning of the instructions that I linked you to.

Have you taken the grips off of the gun? Sorry if this is a dumb question, but the hammer pin won't come out unless the grips are out of the way.

Also, there is a small retension wire/spring that holds the trigger pin into the frame. It keeps it from working itself out. The pin itself has a groove on it that accepts the wire/spring. You need to depress the top of the wire so that the pin will clear it and then it just slides out. The hammer needs to come out and the disconnector needs to be rotated forward before any of the trigger parts can come out.

Really, just take it step by step from the beginning and you'll get it. It's really no biggie once you get the hang of it.

deadite

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  6. GreyEclipse

Yeah, I wish I did live next door, lol. I'm gonna take a break from it for now but yes, I've taken the grips off. Sorry about this, I'm young. I've got more experience shooting guns than taking them apart. lol. Although this is a good learning experience and I appreciate your help.

I've gotten the hang of field stripping it but taking out the guts is frustrating to say the least. But oh well, I'll eventually get it. I don't give up. I'll give you an update later tonight as soon as I get back to working on it.

Thanks again.

7. deadite

deadite Groovy.