close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Please Help...I broke my Glock!!!!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by ERASER, Apr 18, 2003.

1. ERASER

ERASER Nyuk,Nyuk,Nyuk!

ARGH!!!!!

I just did detail stripped my G-27 for the first time. I wanted to polish the "innards." I followed the directions in the "$.25 Glock Trigger Job." Unfortunately, I broke my Glock in the process.
    Everything went smoothly until I tried to reassembly the pistol. I could not figure out what the heck I was doing wrong, but I could not get the disassembly latch spring to contact the latch. It seemed that there was about a 1/16 inch gap between the spring and the latch. I thought I had remembered the way that it was positioned when I removed it (I even drew it on the printout). But no matter what position I put it in, the spring would not contact the latch. I had begun to wonder if I had over-compressed the spring when I removed the latch. Yep, you guess it, I did the REALLY dumb thing (as if I didn't tell myself it was going to happen).........I tried to bend the spring! SNAP! ARGH!!!!!!!!!
    Needless to say, I now have a useless pistol and my butt is sore from kicking myself in the ***** for the last half hour.

I now need to locate a replacement part. But I'm going to need some advice on which way it goes in.

Any help or advice would be most appreciated.

Flames are also welcome (and well-deserved).

I thank you, in advance, for your help.

2. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

[​IMG]
    It goes straight down into it's slot in the frame.

3. Butch

And don't forget...
    [​IMG]

4. striderglock

striderglock HVACR

you now owe butch a 12 pack of his favorite brew.;)

5. ERASER

ERASER Nyuk,Nyuk,Nyuk!

Thank you, sir.
    I had both of those part in that way (thanks for confirming that I'm not quite as senile as I may have thought), but apparently I'm still doing something wrong.......when I put the spring and latch in that way, the spring doesn't even touch the latch. Perhaps I am not setting the spring far enough towards the rear of the pistol? I just kinda laid it in the channel below (and somewhat forward of) the latch.
    Well, now I have to wait until I get the replacement spring.

Once again, my thanks.

6. Butch

Take a flashlight and look closely into the frame. You'll see a small opening/slot where the short end of the spring (the part that is pointing downward) slides into the frame. If you just laid it in there that would explain why it had no spring tension.

7. SGT109FA

SGT109FA Eat this Osama

Sorry for your wounded peice dude. That sucks! I have to do a mag. extention change out...I not looking foward to it.;Q

8. ERASER

ERASER Nyuk,Nyuk,Nyuk!

The new spring arrived today.
    Yep, I was right......I didn't put the spring in the groove, I didn't put in rearward enough, and it just kinda laid in the little channel. DOH!
    My little "Sarah" (named in honor of the woman who single-handedly is responsible for Gaston designing the mini-Glocks---Sarah Brady!)is doing just fine now.
    I am a happy man once more!

Thanks a ton for the help.