Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am about to purchase a 686+. (seven shot). It looks to be in excellent condition. Owner says under 50 shots have been fired. Comes with wood grips and original grips along with original box and paperwork. It is a -5 model with 6" barrel. What should I look at to ensure it is in good working order? You reveolver guys, please help!!! By the way, it DOES NOT have that crappy lock they come with now. Also what is the going price for these?

·
Registered
4,472 Posts
Go to gunbroker dot com and check what they are selling for these days.

As for condition, just do a standard revolver sheck. Look at the bore, look at the lock up, check the rotation, etc.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, did not see that. Should have looked a bit better. That is exactly what I needed to know. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did a search for "686-5" and only 5 came up. Price for this one is on the lower end, so that is good.

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
If you want to recoup some of your investment in the gun right away, I will buy whatever set of grips you do not intend to use. I could use the rubber ones on my 681 or the wood ones on my 19 so you can knock off the selling price of whatever grips you sell from the price of the gun.

I often look at a purchase that way when it comes with extras. If I buy a handgun that comes with a holster that I do not intend to use, I subtract whatever I think I might be able to sell the holster for and factor in the price. Sometimes the extras can make a gun a better deal.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will let you know. I pick it up tomorrow during lunch.

If you want to recoup some of your investment in the gun right away, I will buy whatever set of grips you do not intend to use. I could use the rubber ones on my 681 or the wood ones on my 19 so you can knock off the selling price of whatever grips you sell from the price of the gun.

I often look at a purchase that way when it comes with extras. If I buy a handgun that comes with a holster that I do not intend to use, I subtract whatever I think I might be able to sell the holster for and factor in the price. Sometimes the extras can make a gun a better deal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts