close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Please Combine Glock on 60 Minutes

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by ExNavyInHouston, Feb 10, 2003.

1. ExNavyInHouston

ExNavyInHouston PashnOfTheGlock

Please Combine Glock on 60 Minutes threads into one. This is a "snowballing" issue and it would be nice to find all inputs in one place.

Thanks,
    Charles

2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

That sure would be nice however the Gen Glocking and Gen. Non-Glocking are both being overrun by "sticky's".

Better yet, lets have a "Glock Bashing Forum" where all Glock Boy Cotting and Bashing is discussed. This is "Glock Talk" and I don't have a problem discussing good and bad about Glocks here but some are down right nothing more than total bashing and boycotting which I perceive totally different.

Whatcha think? Note in advance I would NOT consider being a moderator for that forum under any circumstances.

3. ExNavyInHouston

ExNavyInHouston PashnOfTheGlock

Don,

I agree, but if you saw the interview, it puts Glock in direct opposition of the NRA's opinion and most people's logical thinking.

I have a feeling this issue will carry more weight in the "boycott" arena. Of course, I could be wrong (there is documented evidence of that happening somewhere).

I know and agree there are many trite conversations regarding the displeasure of some of Glock's decisions on GlockTalk, but I think this is one use of the forumn and just as legitimate.

I think if you watch this issue grow, this one is a biggie and will require retraction and dismissal of parties involved.

The unfortunate caveat for this situation is Glock's biggest customer is the Government on local, state and national levels. This business position puts "Joe-the-Consumer" at a serious disadvantage. I think it is smart business for Glock to take care of their main customer and that explains why the VP made his comments. I also think they could lose a substantial portion of civilian sales and still be healthy with their remaining governmental sales.

So, all this hoopla could be for naut, but if you stand for one thing in your life this is an important issue. Ballistic Fingerprinting is (at this time) not effective and begins a database we would all rather not exist.

The book Unintended Consequences was not "fiction", it was just written ahead of its time the same way George Orwell's 1984 was.

And to clarify, the reaction we are witnessing by the owners of Glocks is not Glock Bashing. The repsonse represents a deep fear the 2nd Amendment is going the way of the Dodo Bird.

Navy