Playing with macro

Discussion in 'Through-the-Lens Club' started by MrsKitty, Sep 29, 2007.

1. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

I don't think I have posted these before...

I just love this little guy :hearts:

I wish I could have kept him...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ISO 100
    1/125
    f/11 or f/13

[​IMG]

ISO 100
    1/200
    f/11 or f/13

[​IMG]

ISO 100
    1/640
    f/11 or f/13

All shot on XT with 50 1.4 FD using extension tube(s) and an adapter.

I wish the little yellow fuzzy guy had more of his face in focus :sad:

No post processing outside of cropping.

C&C?

2. jm_usmc

jm_usmc Two eagles

3. hwyhobo

hwyhobo

The first guy is really cute. He looks like a troll doll. :)

What's the focus range on that lens with tubes attached? Which tube did you use? It doesn't appear that any part of him was quite in focus.

BTW, did you check at which aperture this lens starts to go soft from diffractions? I am curious how significant the fall in resolution is beyond that point. PhotoZone has tests of the EF 50mm f/1.4, but only to f8, and it is a different lens after all (yours was FD, correct?). Where did you find FD to EF adapter? I thought they were quite rare.

4. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

I will have to get the tubes out to check the lengths but I think they are 12 and 25.

You can get cheap adapters off eBay for ~$25. The ones Canon made are the rare ones. The cheap ones won't work with all lenses but I don't own any of those specialty lenses that are effected.

The little guy was on my finger. I was holding the camera with my other hand and trying to chase him and focus as best I could. He is out of focus because of that. Every time I set him down on something else he vanished on me. On my finger he didn't move quite as fast. I was surprised any of them came out enough to show anything other than a yellow blur.

I have done any of those tests on the lens. I haven't done them on any of my lenses. I know, that's bad but I am the worst procrastinator. :rofl: