Playing Windows games on linux...

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by ReyFufuRulesAll, Apr 2, 2007.

1. ReyFufuRulesAll

ReyFufuRulesAll Pantless Wonder

OK, so what's the trick?

* I will NOT pay for an emulator.
    * I have Ubuntu linux, but that might change if I get around to trying Beryl

:help:

2. Egyas

Egyas Troll Hater

Most can be done manually through Wine if you know what you;re doing and can tweak it, but Cedega is still the best way to go IMO.

3. Washington D.C.

Washington D.C. Guest

4. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Wine works sometimes, Cedega works most of the time, at a cost.

Depending on your video card, Beryl is pretty easy to set up under Ubuntu, no real reason to try another distro if thats the only reason you're gonna change....

[​IMG]

Although completely different from Ubuntu, and a quite a long download, Sabayon comes with Beryl preinstalled... Supposedly so will the next version of Ubuntu.. But from what I've read, they've flopped back and forth on this, because for some it works great, for others, not so great.

IGF

5. Washington D.C.

Washington D.C. Guest

Sabayon Linux has a CD version out now.Not a long download like the DVD version.It has much less on it though.They did fix the installer.I know a couple of people had problems with the hard drive installer.It didn't bother my installation from the DVD.The CD is very short on apps but has the more difficult ones pre-installed.The DVD and CD version can both be run live without installing too.