close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

PLayed the Coolest Video Game I Have Ever Seen Today....

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Nalapombu, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Nalapombu

Nalapombu Millennium Member

I was cruising through Best Buy checking out the laptops and tablets. I usually go over to the Apple section just to get really angry that I don't have one.

There on one of the new IPAD3 tablets was a game that had ended. It had a fighter plane on the screen and a button that said "Play Again" or something like that. So I picked it up and started the game. The game starts and I am flying a fighter plane. To "steer" it you tilt the tablet up, down, left right and any combination you can think of. There are buttons on the right hand side for rockets and a cannon. When you come close to a "Bogey" you get a little red triangle that is directing you to where it's at. You try and get to as best you can and fire on it and hopefully shoot it down. I got a total of 1 splash and took on lots of fire and was eventually shot down. This whole air battle took place over some snow covered mountains.

I was done playing. What an AWESOME game. I don't know the name of it, but I can assure you that when I get an IPAD, I will have that game on there. I never knew how sophisticated those things are being able to steer simply by tilting that thing in the direction you want to go.

For those of you that have an IPAD, you owe it to yourself to get that game. I'm sure there are people on here that know what game i am talking about. It was TRULY AWESOME.

I can't imagine what games are going to be like in 20 years.

Nalajr

2. Heckler&Koch

Heckler&Koch

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBlmbJe6k-o"]Sky Gamblers: Air Supremacy - iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad Gameplay HD - YouTube[/ame]
    Is it this game?

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012

3. Nalapombu

I don't think it is. I looked around a bit and I THINK it is METALSTORM.

Nalajr

4. Tiro Fijo

Tiro Fijo

OK boys, your mom's home now. Put away the toys. :wavey:

:rofl:

5. Nalapombu

I wish I was a boy again, believe me.

I would like to see someone publish a survey of people that own and use Tablets frequently. I would like to see what % of apps on their tablets are games. I would say that if you looked at tablets owned and used by MEN, there would be probably 40% of the stuff on there would be game or sports related.

Besides, you see a game as neat and fascinating as the game I am talking about, you just gotta have it. Besides, I think it's FREE from the APP store.
    Nalajr

6. FPS

FPS

7. eracer

eracer Where's my EBT?

You have no toys? How utterly boring.:yawn:

8. wjv

wjv Zip It Stan Lee.. . .

There are similar games available for android.

9. sheriff733

sheriff733 NRA LIFE MEMBER

If you think tablet and phone games are cool, you should give one of those playstation or xbox things a try.

:whistling:

10. G19Tony

G19Tony Sneet CLM

I have the Reno Air Race app for my Ipad. It's a good time waster! :cool:

11. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

I find Metalstorm (I think that was the one) on my iPad would lose up/down zero during the game and I'd be practically upside down to do maneuvers. Plus I suck at it. So I think it's been a year since I played. LOL

12. jtmac

jtmac Señor Member

Not just tablets. Adults make up the majority of people who play video games in general.

There is still a stigma in some parts that video games are the domain of children or immature, irresponsible adults, but the statistics don't hold up.

I don't spend most of my time playing games, but occasionally I do binge. I typically find the good ones to be far more entertaining and mentally engaging than sitting and watching television or a movie.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  13. treeline

treeline

To back that up, the Entertainment Software Association says, "The average game player is 30 years old and has been playing games for 12 years. The average age of the most frequent game purchaser is 35 years old.".

That average age is much lower than other surveys; most of them claim the average gamer is in their late 30s.

That makes me feel better about being 39 and still playing video games. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series is my favorite. Freedom faction 4 life.

14. m2hmghb

m2hmghb

OH OH STALKER!!!! Rumor has it Bethedesa is developing a sequel :wow: I prefer Duty over Freedom though :supergrin:

15. Drjones

Drjones

I run a tech support business, so this stuff is my life.

I can tell you from lots of experience that probably 85%+ of apps people load onto their iPads and iPhones are games/junk/fun.

Not to say they don't use them for work, but that primarily consists of email, calendar, contacts; real basic stuff that's covered with the built-in apps & maybe one or two third-party ones.

Otherwise, virtually all other apps are games, and that goes for virtually all of my clients who own iPhones & iPads.

16. Nalapombu

WOW! That is great that you are able to add some verifiable evidence to show how popular gaming apps and games actually are with adults.

I haven't played any console or computer games in a LONG time. I don't know why, I just haven't.

When Sheriff mentions looking at console games that reminded me of about 2 weeks ago, or whenever the new Madden was released, I was in Best Buy with my Niece, she had to get some ear bids or something so I went looking at the TV's. There was a guy standing there in front of a BIG flat screen and I could see he was playing some game. I walked around and watched the screen and it was the new Madden that he was playing. Talk about incredible, this was it. For a second I thought he was controlling REAL people. From a distance it would look like real people that you could control. I could've stood there an hour and just watched this game and that beautiful tv. It was almost like sensory overload. That left me wondering what the next level is going to be. I can't imagine what the "games" are going to look and play like in a year or 3.

Here's a question, with you seeing and knowing what the games of today are like, what do you think they'll be like in the year 2015 or what about 2020? How about describing what you think they'll be like. I'm not knowledgeable enough about these games and consoles to render a decent answer. I'd rather let you guys, the experts that KNOW this stuff, answer and me read your stuff. SO what do you think it'll be like?

Thanks

Nalajr

17. Drjones

Drjones

Yeah, I really wish I was exaggerating about the numbers, but I'm not...I'm really surprised by how many games & junk apps people load onto their devices....and waste time using.

And these are working professionals, attorneys & such, in their 40s-50s.

As for where games are going, I really couldn't do much but speculate as I'm not a gamer, but it will be interesting to see.

As computing and graphics power becomes increasingly (exponentially) powerful and cheaper, along with display technology, we'll see things like virtual reality (google glass with games, anyone?), and wrap-around PC displays. Games will become sharper, smoother, faster, more realistic, sky's the limit man...it will be cool.